Need for speed u 2 music

Status
Not open for further replies.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Ha, easier said that done. EA figured everyone was just ripping their trax, so they went ahead and secured the .mus/.ast files tighter than a ... well, never mind, its tight enough. :D
All data is stored in the sdata.viv file in the SDATA folder, but the music is "interactive" which means that while NFSU had a song for each physical block, NFSU2 stores the files across multiple physical blocks. Plus, the damn thing is protected with a lot of data that frankly requires hex editors and some bit of knowledge about their working to bypass to even GET at the .mus files. And once you DO extract them after an entire night's work, forget about converting them into a playable format. :D
The best thing to do is to plug your PS2/Line Out to your Line In and open a music editing program (Audition/SoundForge/CEP) and then hit Record and then play the EA Trax through the Trax selection in the game. That's what I ended up doing.

KoRn

In the zone
hey guys can u give me a simpler or more UNDERSTANDABLE way of copying the nfsu1 tracks into a cd

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
ctrl_alt_del said:
I just looked it up on the Net and then downloaded the Tracks.

Same here dude.....Got it from BT long back....plus who would go for that lame "extarction of Music from game process" when u can just download those tracks :lol: :lol:

fair enough tracks.... :wink:

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
allwyndlima said:
plus who would go for that lame "extarction of Music from game process" when u can just download those tracks

I wouldn't say that, most game music is either stored as pure, uncompressed WAV or recorded in the highest bitrate MP3 / OGG, and you have to listen to them to know how good they really are. Plus, if guys like us didnt rip the music, transcode them and put them up for download, where do you think you're gonna download from? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom