need feedback on this design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
I really suck at design and so figured on getting some advice on the layout of my personal website which I am trying to develop.
the picture below is just a mockup
*img166.imageshack.us/img166/7686/websitemockupcopycd4.th.png

OP
ilugd

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
this is just done in photoshop
I havent done the codingyet. Just click on the thumbnail to see the full photo.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
I really suck at design and so figured on getting some advice on the layout of my personal website which I am trying to develop.
the picture below is just a mockup
*img166.imageshack.us/img166/7686/websitemockupcopycd4.th.png

this is just done in photoshop
I havent done the codingyet. Just click on the thumbnail to see the full photo.

Colors are a bit gaudy there. *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/33a.gif

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Please create a HTML file of the design you have thought so that we can easily suggest you the changes!

xbonez

NP : Crysis
the green color on the right column is a little gaudy...change that to a slightly more sober color and its fine

OP
ilugd

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
i did use the web pallette, maybe i will use a shade much more lighter and also with more yellow in it. Will do it today evening and post it back up again. Please do continue to give more ideas. Is the font ok? Is the logo and the top banner bearable?? :-(

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
2 things: Colors and Logo

The browns, blueish violet and green doesn't really go well. I am giving you aweful website to select the appropriate colors. Check this link.

Second is the logo font chosen and its design. A shadowed logo on left is not good. Also change the font and redesign the logo.

will comment further after you changed it.

OP
ilugd

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
thanks blueshift. I really appreciate the suggestions from all of you. I will repost the photo when I am done today evening.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
thanks blueshift. I really appreciate the suggestions from all of you. I will repost the photo when I am done today evening.
Instead of photoshoping it, use any WYSIWYG HTML editor, its easy for us to make modifications and give it!

V

vaibhavtek

WYSIWYG HTML editor ya it is really good.. *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/32a.gif

OP
ilugd

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
I got a headache. I tried all sort of combinations but am not happy with anything. got really frustrated with the logo and so removed it. Tried some and felt this was sort of better. maybe the right navbar could have a bit of a different color or a lighter color with black text. But it looks strange.
*img246.imageshack.us/img246/978/websitemockupcopyfv1.th.png

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
The logo is much good now.

This is another good site for matching colors. *colormatch5k.com/

Also use bullets for menu items in left.

A gradient will look better in the header. Like this.
*img170.imageshack.us/img170/3408/websitemockupcopyfv1es1.jpg

And as rohan said, try designing it in HTML editor. It will be difficult later to code that PS desigm afaik.

OP
ilugd

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
ok, finally settled on something like this. Thanks very much for all your feedback. I am now going to cut the top banner and then load it for each page. That is how it is done, right?
*img520.imageshack.us/img520/6233/websitemockupcopyia4.th.png
The left nav bar will have a div style setup for the background color.
Bullets need to be made.
And blue shift, thanks especially for the gradient tip. I shamelessly ripped of your the color combination for the gradient.
should be setting up a temporary link for the html file in an hour or so.

OP
ilugd

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
hmmm. Tried doing the design in dreamweaver. Most of it is worked out but there is a problem with the css margins or something. The calculations don't work out. I want the page width to be always 800 pixels wide so that the banner will be correct, but the right navigation bar is not fitting in.
The link is here. *jsemmanuel.110mb.com/newindex.html

fahimbepari

Broken In
Try to use a horizontal navigation bar as it gives u lots of space and more easy to access.
here is my webpage *www.klecivil.webs.com/

goobimama

 Macboy
@ilugd: I'm sorry if this is harsh, but that design isn't going to work. Unless it has some major work done on it. Again, please don't take this the wrong way.

- Your left navigation bar is too plain.
- Top banner looks like it's done in MS Word
- enclosing the content with those two sidebars is just too cluttered. There needs to be some kind of flow in the text. Decide what your navitation is going to be like
- Try some rounded borders. Also give the entire page a background. Could be a tiled image, top to bottom gradient, or just a pastel colour
- The white text on dark red isn't pleasing to the eyes.

I don't suggest HTML editors cause you feel restricted in freedom of design. With photoshop you can do anything and then decide what you don't want/can't implement in the design.

Hey aren't you the same guy whom we all tried to guess what your userID meant? like "I Love You Gorepathi Dhukre"? :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom