Need entry level cell phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfan

Technomancer
I need to buy 2 handsets for the office staff. They are likely to be used roughly.

Can anyone please suggest some entry level rough-n-tough GSM handset? I don't want to spend too much on this.

Thanks.

alltime.homie

Broken In
Depends. Do you wanna go for non color or color ? If you wanna go for non color, then the best would be the Nokia 1100. As for color, it also depends. You could go for the Samsung X200, the SE K310i, or even the 6030 or 3220. These are all pretty good. Though wait for more suggestions ;)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Go for Motorola's C115 (not sure on the model). It's less than 30$. That's the cheapest GSM phone. Quite sturdy as well.

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
Thanks guys :D I don't want colour screen or any add-ons. They should be simply able to receive my calls ;) Don't even need SMS :lol:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I'd say Nokia. Cos the build quality of Nokia has been better than other manufacturer's IMO.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
tuxfan said:
Thanks guys :D I don't want colour screen or any add-ons. They should be simply able to receive my calls ;) Don't even need SMS :lol:
Moto costs less than 1.5k bucks. It's cheaper than 1100. When you buy 2 phones, moto is a good choice. If you're gonna use for a long time, you need not even think of exchanges and stuffs. Moto is perfect. I think it costs around $30 only.

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
Thanks guys for your opinions.

I will surely have a look at the entry level moto and N1100. Any models from SonyEriccon?

N3315 is out of question as manufacturing is stopped since long. I don't want second hand handsets. And actually, that is the one that I am replacing :p

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
me vote for nok1108... the best and sturdy handset available in market today...

<i have nok1108 and it had been under 4wheeler vehicle twice but no serious injury only minor scratches>>> m using still.

go for nok1108...

-SUDE

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well the thing with nokia fones (gsm fones) is that the connection charges are too high and tricky hence i wud suggest either reliance or tata

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
sude said:
me vote for nok1108... the best and sturdy handset available in market today...

<i have nok1108 and it had been under 4wheeler vehicle twice but no serious injury only minor scratches>>> m using still.

go for nok1108...

-SUDE
:lol: Was that some stress test? how the hell did it come under a vehicle? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom