Need DISCMAN Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Hi

I need some advice about buying DISCMAN.
My budget is max 2.5 K

1. Which one shud I buy . I basically wanna listen to MP3s
2. What are the factors one shud keep in mind while buying?
3. Can I buy from baazee.com where fujitel Discman is only 999/-
4. I live in B'lore. Can I buy from national market and if yes which brand
5. Shud I buy branded one or imported etc
6. Can rechargeable batteries be used in it and how much they last?

Plz post ur valuable advice and exps

Thanks

rockyj123

Broken In
for 2.5k ull get chinese only.... sony discmans r 6k onwards.....
all these fuljitel dnt have a good battery life.... nor quality....

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Yup stay away from the chinese 'maal' if u want quality.
1. Which one shud I buy . I basically wanna listen to MP3s
2. What are the factors one shud keep in mind while buying?
3. Can I buy from baazee.com where fujitel Discman is only 999/-
4. I live in B'lore. Can I buy from national market and if yes which brand
5. Shud I buy branded one or imported etc
6. Can rechargeable batteries be used in it and how much they last?
1. go for Sony/panasonic players for good price/performance ratio.
2. Battery Life/ formats supported/ Fm tuner/Media Support.
3. Stay away from fujitel and its re-incarnations.
4. No idea. me not based in b'lore.
5. Branded/imported ?? imported ones r branded too. Btw if u r not good @ taking care of ur electronics then buy one with warranty. ;)
6. Good rechargeables last like 2-3 Hrs depending on the charge/brand/chrger used etc.

godzi_85

In the zone
i got a dapic... discman...... the battery life was good.....around 5 hours non stop.... i think.......
plus the battery could be recharged by putting em into the discman.. and plugging the discman through the adapter to the elecric board for recharging... which is good i say..
but now the discman doesn`t run on battery..lolz..... gotta get it repaired....lolz..

GameAddict

In the zone
Also check out Aiwa range of Portable MP3 players

Hi,

Aiwa recently introduced their range of MP3 Portable Players. They start from 3.5 K, so you have a middle path(China Made---Aiwa---Sony) :)

Bye!

GA

tuxfan

Technomancer
At times people say that pireated CDs don't work in a Sony. So stay away from it if you plan to use pirated CDs :roll: BTW, I use a Sony and it works great ;)

Secondly, check out for a g-shock protection or some other shock protection. That will let you use the player while travelling or even while in a vehicle.

Secondly, if there is some shock protection you can also attach the player to a car deck with the help of a car-kit (original Sony Rs. 1200, other Lamington Road stuff Rs. 150 ;))

See to it that the player uses a AA battery (pencil cells) and not AAA. AAA batteries are more expensive. Cut down recurring costs :) A set of 2 Eveready chargeable AA batteries comes for about Rs. 80. They are supposed to work for 1000 charges. Even if they work for 500 charges, that will be far cheaper than ordinary batteries.

OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Hmmm gr8 advice...
So what shud I buy, Aiwa ? and which model?
*www.in.aiwa.com/xp-zv551.htm
YE KAISA RAHEGA?
Can it play VCDs too? I wanna play basically pirated/writed MP3s

theraven

Technomancer
dude seriously ... if ur lookin for a good player
sony is out i guess cuz it gets expensive
so look at the panasonic and worse come worse the mercury players ..
dont go for players like fujitel and aiwa etc.

ice

In the zone
Do not go for an aiwa, aiwa has always had a bad reputation.

Go in for a sony, they are the best, i had a sony before i got my iPod.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
ice said:
Go in for a sony, they are the best, i had a sony before i got my iPod.

How is the iPod ...i was gonna go for it until Mac released Mini ipod and i am really in a fix...which one is better ...the full 20 Gb ipod or mini...Please tell me your experience of ipod as an indian user...

tuxfan

Technomancer
FYI, Aiwa and Sony are now same company. Aiwa has been taken over by Sony at least 2-3 years back. Just check out the waranty card of any Aiwa product. The warranty is by Sony. :)

A cousin took a Panasonic discman some months back and it works great. I don't remember the model number. But it has almost all the features. It plays ACD, VCD, MP3. Has shock protection, has a remote, works either on a AC adapter or 2 AA batteries. It was for around Rs. 3400 (in grey market, Heera Panna in Mumbai). I am not sure, but it also has a FM tuner.

ice

In the zone
tuxfan said:
FYI, Aiwa and Sony are now same company. Aiwa has been taken over by Sony at least 2-3 years back. Just check out the waranty card of any Aiwa product. The warranty is by Sony. :)

A cousin took a Panasonic discman some months back and it works great. I don't remember the model number. But it has almost all the features. It plays ACD, VCD, MP3. Has shock protection, has a remote, works either on a AC adapter or 2 AA batteries. It was for around Rs. 3400 (in grey market, Heera Panna in Mumbai). I am not sure, but it also has a FM tuner.

Umm yes, aiwa was manufactured by barron international in india, they were my tennants, they ran away without payin their dues.

Apparently they have sued sony for a fairly big amount and blah.
The fact remaining, aiwa as a brand aint really stable, where as sony is.

@ freshseasons
The iPod is prolly the best purchase ive made this year, I chose it over the mini cause the mini is really really overpriced, it might look real classy and shit, but 250$ for 5gb and 299$ for 20gb [15 when i took mine]
Secondly i read on some forum, before i purchased mine, about certain minis being recalled by apple cause of someprobelm reguarding lot of static noise. etc
I would suggest u save a bit more and go in for the iPod, they released a u2 special, the only pod in black, but it costs like 350$.
The ipod photo has just been released too, thats about 450$ and can store pictures etc too. basically color.the u2 / photo arent worht it. Go in for the normal 20gb ipod. [hope ur an audiophile]

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Well the Apple site pretty much explains the prices ....I think U2 edition is totally good and cool but equally useless ....rather invest in something than some special edition......
But ICE what i wanted to know was the comparision of that iPOD to other players...Man yes i am an audiophile and i wanna know the sound quality of apple...HOW IS THE SOUND ICE.....The treble ...the bass..the highs ...the lows the mids....Please elobrate.....Does one hear that punch....does a Thud sound different from dhuuuud.... Please tell me since you are i have encountered the first ipod user....

ice

In the zone
Well, the sound is way better than my JBL platinum speakers and my big ass sony speakers, it was mind blowing. Im not really a bass freak and have set the EQ to rock. The sound is crystal clear, and really sweet, your ears will have orgasms, but , the original earfones are really delicate, i've spoilt one of them , now on high volumes it distorts the voice. I can get replacements, but too fuckin lazy.
WHen i compare my discman to my pod, its like comparing a zen with a skoda sports ed! My volume normally is at around 50-60%, and its loud enough, and fairly clear. there are a few utilites too that can boost the volume output of the pod, but i havent felt the need to use any of them, yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom