NEED: Career Guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.

shashank_re

In the zone
Hi friends,
My sister has completed BSc in Biotechnology but later she realised that biotech has no future in India unless you do Phds in US or London so she took up English Literature in PG.At present she is in the final year and will be completing it in a couple of months.
As you may be knowing there arent any good oppurunities after MA English.And she is not at all interested in Teaching:S Though she can do MBA,she is scared of MATHS in MBA coz she didnt have maths even in her 12th std.
When she was doing biotech, she had C,C++ and Java.And she plans to learn few other courses as well.So she has quite alot Idea in computers/software.
So what i wanted to know is:
1)Can she enter in to the field of computers after completing MA Eng?(in other words can she join any of these Software Firms?
2)Incase if she plan to do MBA,will she be able to cope up with the maths?(she is very very weak in maths now:( she had maths only till 10th std :( )

I know that there are many people in this forum who might have gone through this kinda career dilema.So please give some valuable suggestions.

And BTW she has secured above 80% right from 10th std.
Please Give your Valuable Suggestions

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Maths in MBA is not all about calculus. She can take up MBA in HR. She has very good opportunity of joining IT companies - HR dept. or for that matter any good company.

MBA has a lot of specialization. Jus search the net, there are lotsa things which many of us are ignorant of :)

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
dude,biotech+mba will make a perfect combo.But she gotta work hard at maths,you know just basic upto 10th maths.I know whats its like,my sister has the same problem with maths though she is a PG in literature.

Sorry to hear the state or biotech in India.Its really disheartening.

OP
shashank_re

shashank_re

In the zone
Thanks for the reply dude.
But can she try in any software firms without doing MBA?As i said you she has a lot of interest in computers and she can learn few couses(like oracle,etc.)

ArZuNeOs

In the zone
MBA with Logistics or Investment Plans are Of high Scope.....

& Maths in MBA is no tougher than in Entrance exam...infact easier....

OP
shashank_re

shashank_re

In the zone
I repeat she is very very weak in maths.She just knows simple kinda sums like simplification,etc.(those which are there in 10th A.P State Board).She doesnt have much idea about even Trigonometry! And forget about integration and all!
That is the reason is she is scared of MBA.She doesnt want to repent after choosing MBA.
And my parents are also feeling that Girls neednt have to study very HARD coz that is not req for them to live.You must be knowing the reason for that;) We guys have to struggle:mad:

So any other option for her to get a job without doing MBA....?

ArZuNeOs

In the zone
Man she can do MBA....dont worry about Triggy or anything..if she is interested about Money & Finance she will gell with the Subject

OP
shashank_re

shashank_re

In the zone
Guys thanks a lot for your replies.She has now madeup her mind in doing MBA:)
But still one more problem,Entrance :-(
As you know to appear for CAT we should be good at maths and not only that CAT is oct-nov months.So she cannot join MBA in this year.
Though she can write ICET(A.P),even this exam has ~60% maths :-( so this exam is also out of question.
So is there any way through which she can do MBA??
BTW She is studying in hyderabad and me along with my parents are in bangalore.So which is the better place to do MBA? Hyd Or B'lore?

Please please please help guys......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom