need assistance (brower hijaked !@@@@)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kin.vachhani

Dreaming Future
Hi,
someone has hijack my browser... can anyone assist me how to get rid of them.....I have tried norton antivirus, pc cilin given in digit...bidefender...but none has solved my problem....
pls help be soon..

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
Hi

How do you know that your browser was hijacked? Could you describe exactly what's going wrong with your PC?

In any case, download HijackThis from here: *www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html

Install it, start it, and choose Scan and Save logfile.
Post the contents of the Log File here.

(at any cost, DO NOT try to fix any entries in HijackThis without guidance - you could end up damaging your system)

sknowonweb

Journeyman
ARE u using IE , avoid MS products while surfing net , they are the easiest gateways for collapsing windows core .
Post Hijac this LOG , it will be easier for the members to analyse ur sys services.
Else if u came to know of any virii name from ur anti-virus products , google them for a tech removal assistance .

PS) Hijack this is a small s/w . less than 2 MB.

anandk

Distinguished Member
yes, do run hijackthis, and post its logfile here or directly in www.hijackthis.de for scrutiny and analysis.

meanwhile i suggest u download, install, update and run any 2 of the following freeware antispywares : adware, ms antispy/defender, spybot

do download and install 'spywareblaster'. its a great program which remains in the background on ur pc, ensuring that ur browser is not hijacked or malicious activex not installed...its not a scanner...but u can LOCK ur browser pages with tis one too ! u may use ms antispy to restore all ur browser settings to windows default, b4 using this to lock them up !
*www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Seems u have used older ver. of norton as NAV2006 can prevent any s/w. from changing the default homepage. U can also install trial ver. of Zone alarm (its there in 2-3 digit issues)and chk which application/program is trying to access the internet and prevent them from doing so.

netgautam

Right off the assembly line
I agree with sknowonweb - MS products are easiest to hijack specially IE. Better you use netscape or firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom