Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

william

Journeyman
guys please tell me to which one to choose between Microsoft Visual basic and c++.
Also which one has the more importance and which language has the future.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
IMO VB.NET. C++ is a basic necessity for all programming minds and is very light in build. But more companies are switching to fast building tools in which VB.NET leads the pack. So I guess its future is bright, especially after release of Vista.

Wait for other comments too though :)

puja399

In the zone
Are u going to stay with Micro$oft for the rest of ur life or also try the malwarefree world???? If u choose the second one then C++ would be the better choice.

And by referring to visual basic, do u mean VB6 or VB.Net??? With the .NET technology (mostly for the M$ dream to defeat Sun Java), M$ is trying to converge the underlying technology, such as VB.Net, C# and ASP.NET (couldn't tame MFC yet though), so staying with M$ would require you to learn that, but my view is VB and C++ (MFC for that matter) are not mutually exclusive and its better if u learn them both. After all, they are not competing but co-operating technologies.

But may be u should give more weightage to C++ (ANSI C++ that is).

puja399

In the zone
They r totally different things. The latest version of Visual Basic is VB6, not VB.Net. VB.NET relies on the framework but VB6 runs on VB6 virtual machine. Its not much difference between vb.net and c# etc. other than the syntax, the same code runs at the backend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom