need a suggestion for LAN CARD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunaltech

Journeyman
My internet is not working so i contacted my broadband people that my net is not working and they checked and told me that everything is ok with the server and also with cable as they checked with some meter and said power is their in cable but my LAN card is not working. Mine LAN card is inbuilt and Its not even 8 months the LAN card has stopped working. Will I get replacement of mother board if I claim under warranty or I have to for new LAN card?
If new one then which is the best one to buy and how much it cost?

if you feel the query is not clear let me know i will make it clear

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
kunaltech said:
My internet is not working so i contacted my broadband people that my net is not working and they checked and told me that everything is ok with the server and also with cable as they checked with some meter and said power is their in cable but my LAN card is not working. Mine LAN card is inbuilt and Its not even 8 months the LAN card has stopped working. Will I get replacement of mother board if I claim under warranty or I have to for new LAN card?
If new one then which is the best one to buy and how much it cost?

if you feel the query is not clear let me know i will make it clear

You can't get the whole Motherboard replaced just for a faulty Lan card. They might fix it for free.

For a new Lan card, It will cost around 200-500. I suggest Intex.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
No you won't get replacement.I suggest you pick up a new card probably from Asus or D-Link.You will get them under Rs.500.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
I had used an Intex Lan card as a stop gap arrangement and it used to work fine. It was about one and half years back and then it cost me Rs.300/-

eagle_y2j

Youngling
not sure bout replacement but if u need to purchase new card never go for a zebronics and Intex cards bcoz these cards come with fake realtek chips

OP
K

kunaltech

Journeyman
thanks for your suggestion
but a bit confusion by seeing mix reaction from our beloved friends.

shall i try with Asus or go with D-link only

shantanu

Technomancer
look why to spend extra bucks when you get the same thing .. go for intex its just 180-200 bucks and its ok to use.. you can get this much cheap thing again if it goes off... but i used intec one long time back and i think in one of my PC's it is still working... so intex is good.

longlife

Journeyman
Get the mobo repaired from company, if u can spare the mobo for 7 days otherwise get a good GB lan card (100/1000MBPS) not the ordinary 10/100mbps one as u are spending on a lan card invest for a futuristic one. This will cost Rs.500/-

eagle_y2j

Youngling
kunaltech said:
thanks for your suggestion
but a bit confusion by seeing mix reaction from our beloved friends.

shall i try with Asus or go with D-link only

go for Dlink one its gud

read this for my Intex xperience

OP
K

kunaltech

Journeyman
eagle_y2j said:
go for Dlink one its gud

read this for my Intex xperience

well thanks to all of you for your sugestion
i have purchased D-link which coems with 1 year warrenty and its not that expensive also.

thanks to all once again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom