Need a pen drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

pushkar

Journeyman
I am thinking of buying a pen drive, probably a 2 GB one. Please advise me which brand and model to buy. I am particularly interested in Sandisk or Kingston drives. Which is better among Kingston and SanDisk? One of the main uses of the pen drive will be as a virtual PC like Mojopac because many a times, I have to use others' PCs. I have also heard about U3 enabled pen drives which are like Mojopac.

I searched the forum and found that Kingston Datatraveler and Sandisk Cruzer Micro are famous ones. Please tell me which pen drive should I buy. Also I need some info on the U3 technology. If U3 is useful, I can buy a pen drive which supports U3. Also mention the prices of the pen drives in New Delhi.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
IMO kingston is much better.. And why do you want to buy a 2 GB pen drive when you can get 4GB pen drives for less than 1000?

OP
pushkar

pushkar

Journeyman
That is because I won't need 4 gb of storage. Also, as far as my knowledge goes, the price of 4 GB pen drives are double the price of 2 GB ones.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
IMO kingston is much better.. And why do you want to buy a 2 GB pen drive when you can get 4GB pen drives for less than 1000?
The basic/cheapest 4GB models of Kingston, Transcend and Moser Baer are available for less than Rs.1000. And also they are damn slow.

@pushkar

I'll say to buy Sandisk Cruzer. I've one Cruzer Contour and one Datatraveler. Sandisk is better & faster than Kingston.

And don't ever go for Transcend. It is very slow.

Consult these threads:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75254
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75648

Last edited:

nvidia

-----ATi-----
That is because I won't need 4 gb of storage. Also, as far as my knowledge goes, the price of 4 GB pen drives are double the price of 2 GB ones.
No!!
Prices of Kingston Pendrives -
1 GB -325
2 GB - 525
4 GB - 870
And you may not use 4 GB now but im sure you will find a use for it sometime in the future:)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Those are the prices of the Kingston Datatraveler series which is damn slow. I'll recommend to pay Rs.870 and get a fast 2GB pen drive.;)

nvidia

-----ATi-----
The basic/cheapest 4GB models of Kingston, Transcend and Moser Baer are available for less than 4GB. And also they are damn slow.
You mean less than 1k? :confused:
Is that a typo?

^^ Those are the prices of the Kingston Datatraveler series which is damn slow. I'll recommend to pay Rs.870 and get a fast 2GB pen drive.;)
Oh.. I didnt know about that.. Thanks for updating me:)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Ok.. How are corsair pen dirves?
Never used them. But Digit has reviewed them good in the last month's issue.

@pushkar
Also consider Croasair after Sandisk. If you still want to go for Kingston, I'll suggest to atleast buy a Datatraveler II series pendrive.

OP
pushkar

pushkar

Journeyman
Which model are you talking about? Cruzer Contour?

It will be beneficial if you people could tell prices of Corsair and Cruzer series pen drives? In Sandisk cruzer, there are many types available, like Micro and Contour. Which one is better?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which model are you talking about? Cruzer Contour?

It will be beneficial if you people could tell prices of Corsair and Cruzer series pen drives? In Sandisk cruzer, there are many types available, like Micro and Contour. Which one is better?
Yes, I'm talking about Cruzer Contour. It is cheap now a days but I am not sure about the price.

Either go for Cruzer Contour or Micro or Croasair Voyager GT.......They are the best in performance.

monkey

Padawan
Refer these sites for Corsair Pen drives:
*www.yantraonline.in/Product.asp?SubCatId=4
*www.theitwares.com/ram/ram.htm

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Refer these sites for Corsair Pen drives:
*www.yantraonline.in/Product.asp?SubCatId=4
*www.theitwares.com/ram/ram.htm
I guess you posted for the RAM modules?? Pen drives aren't RAMs........

Go here for the Crosair Pen Drives price list: *www.theitwares.com/usbprods/usbprods.htm

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Yesterday a friend of me bought 4GB driver for Rs. 800, was kingston.. so wht model it could be.. data traveller ?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Yeah, probably it is a Datatraveler as it is the most commonly bought and is the cheapest.

2kewl

Sangeet Premi
Corsair are the best. They also come with 10 years 1-1 Swap warranty.

4GB one costs about 900!

zebanon

p@rkour
I think u better go for Scandisk, also Transcend is not a bad one ..but u can better go 4 pen drive of higher space....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom