Need a No-nonse ADSL modem for Dataone

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
I need a simple router which should work with my dataone, do not need wifi as i already have a wifi router(tp-link).

i need a compact router which can take load of long hours of running together.

i have a few models in my mind suggest which one, also if there is something better than these
D-link 502T
Netgear ADSL Modem DM111P
Netgear DG632 ADSL Modem Router

Price from theitdepot.com
D-link @1730/-
Netwgear DM111P @ Rs 1540
Netgear DG632 ADSL Modem Router@ 1750

which one to buy in lowest possible budget keeping in a decent performance in mind, i am confused as all three of them are in same range

BUDGET:around 1.5k

praka123

left this forum longback
^i want to change my huawei MT 880(rental) they gave approx 2 yrs before.can i get a replacement -a latest ustarcom one or any new one ;) because i find no usb option in this piece :( what reason can i put?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
praka said:
what reason can i put?

what u just wrote here :D...

I hear guy in Kerala BSNL a really educated from other forum members in diferent UGs, they will help u, just talk to ur DE (INT)

for here in Kolkata, well one has to do a lot of papaer work with tons of Technical term :lol: so that they can understand what u are writing and without much argue.. they will change the modem

:lol:

OP
gary4gar

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Choto Cheeta said:
Whats wrong with out BSNL own modems ??
Only if they are available, the only ones available(TYPE-II & IV) here are costing me 2022+250=2272

where as i can get one modem from market at 1.5k, also they will be of good company instead of some unknown company like huawei and that too chinese

also when getting a modem from bsnl means there so call engineers will visit my place, as my both parents are working & me also going to college all they will find is a BIG lock. so apart from money thats also i problem.

Please suggest some between d-link & netgear

Vivek788

In the zone
but still my modem has lots of complaints...will they replace it becos I had bought it outright...?

OP
gary4gar

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
i know about D-link it tried and tested.
i like the form factor & rounded shape of the netgear ADSL Modem DM111P any body tried that??. the netgear is more compact that d-link

whats difference between the two only looks or some functional difference as well?? if only looks then netgear is my choice otherwise if d-link offers better functionality than netgear i can sacrifice of looks department.:cool:

utsav

damn busy...
i am also going to get a bsnl connection next month.i want to know that if bsnl increases the speed say from 2mbps to 4mbps do i hav 2 get a new router or the same router will support it.

gowtham

Journeyman
no u need not get a new modem as nearly all adsl modems support 8mbps and i have heard that the maximum theoratical limit for ADSL is 24 mbps! so need to upgrade ur modem any time in the near future!

utsav

damn busy...
there is a lack of availability of dlink in my city.it seems i hav to go to gwalior or bhopal to get a modem

casual_gamer

In the zone
I bought a dlink glb-502t here in bangalore for Rs.1650 a month ago. Sometimes it wont connect, if u restart the modem it will connect. There a still a few bugs in this one. There is also no switch-off option at the back of the modem like they had for their dialup external modems. If u want to turn off the modem, you will have to remove the power plug from the back side. don't know if its harmful to the modem. sometimes my modem behaves weird if i remove the power plug and insert it...it won't connect at all...happens sometimes only.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
^^... One of my friend is having the same problem with a DLink.. Thats the reason he doesnt use PPPOE ..
My hacked MT880 works fine on my system .. and its close to two years old now ..

casual_gamer

In the zone
now my adsl light started blinking in dlink glb-502t. i removed the power plug and put it on after 10 minutes, and now the adsl light is stable and am able to connect to net. this is happening alot from the past 1 week, i should have trusted all the negative reviews i read on the net. but still i went with dlink coz of the brand name, now i am cursing myself. plz don't make the same mistake as i did.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Tell u one thing, these BSNL modems are Rock Stable... !!!!

Used all most all type till now, and see even doing 24x7 non stop for 1 year... no problem what so ever !!!

:)

OP
gary4gar

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
me to read a lot about d-link heating problems, seems i will part my way from d-link.

now i have to options to go with the Bsnl modems or get netgear. i think neatgear should be safe bet:-

praka123

left this forum longback
it_waaznt_me said:
^^... One of my friend is having the same problem with a DLink.. Thats the reason he doesnt use PPPOE ..
My hacked MT880 works fine on my system .. and its close to two years old now ..
BINGO!hacked?(mt882 firmware :p )?

utsav

damn busy...
i think bsnl type 1 modem is ok for me and what is the warranty period & expected price .they say on their site that its price is Rs 1200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom