Need a Mobile phone within 10k

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahref

In the zone
Hi,
This is my first post in mobile monsters. Infact this is my first visit in this part of digit forum. I have a very old model mobile samsung R220. I am planning to change my mobile. I do not know very much about mobile phones but I want some of the following features.
1) Good camera for still images and video.
2) Expandable Memory cards
3) Bluetooth
4) GPRS/EDGE
5) Facility to check email on mobile.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Sony Ericsson Z550i and MotoRazr V3i are good phones within that range.
No phone from Nokia in this range even sports a half decent camera,AFAIK.

K

krazyfrog

Go for Nokia 6630. It has a very good 1.3 mp camera, bluetooth, gprs/edge/3G, expandable memory (works stable with upto 1gb card), and has an in-built e-mail client. Since it is a smartphone you can download more software/games/themes of your choice.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
Well, since you already use a Samsung, I'll recommend another Samsung!
Samsung X700. It has a 1.3MP Cam, expandable memory, a decent UI, great screen, Bluetooth, video recording+playback, MP3 player, FM Radio, EDGE.

You can get it for below 9000. So, do consider it.

OP
ahref

ahref

In the zone
Thanks all for your suggestion. I have increased my budget to 13K. I am thinking between 6630 and 6233. Which one will be better?

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
13k?
You might get SE W700i in that budget. If you can increase your budget to 14k, you might just be able to squeeze in the W810i.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
Decide first what you need....
for FM Radio and 256k color display, small handset size, 2 MP camera GO FOR 6233..........NO doubt...

You only go 4 6630 if you need Symbian OS....

Samsung X700 is also a good set considering its price. just 9k now.
@thewisecrab
SE K750i misses EDGE.

Last edited:
mail2and said:
Would you care to explain why Samsung phones are 'crap', or you're here just to pass judgments?

hmmm..i think ur a samsung owner or wht ???
dont want to spoil the topic..so for an easy answer..i dont like moto,lg and samsung..at any cost..

it depends on ur own choices !!
back to the topic !!

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
If you want a good camera then SE phones will be preferable over Nokia.
Well symbian is really useful to those who want lots of additional apps. Cos symbian OS has lot more 3rd party apps than java. Also, most, if not all symbian phones are java enabled.
Well based on the features you need
1) Good camera for still images and video. - A sony phone would be better anyday. In your budget W700i, K750i, W810i(if you expand your budget to 14K)
2) Expandable Memory cards - well all 10K+ phones from SE and Nokia, except W550i.
3) Bluetooth - All 10K+ phones and even a very major chunk of 8K+ phones have bluetooth now.
4) GPRS/EDGE - Go for Class 10 EDGE. I guess W700i lacks there.
5) Facility to check email on mobile. - Well Nokia phones can do that and most prolly SE ones do too.
So, W 810i would be a good one if you want to really spend 14K. The advantage. Great music player and 512MB card bundled along. Or else K750i is good is you want to keep within a 13K budget but it has no edge. Also W700i falls within your budget but again no edge.
Then you have 6630 but it's cam can't match SE phones. As for 6233 it has EDGE Class 10. I haven't seen it's cam or sound personally so can't really say how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom