need a mid range TV tuner card

Status
Not open for further replies.

royal

Padawan
hey the world cup fever is catching on ... :D

I badly need a tv tuner card ... mom wont let go of the tv (watches all kind of serials the whole evening :evil: )

I need a tuner that can capture TV shows directly into DIVX format along with the Time Shift facility as well as Scheduling ... :cool:

probably it will be an external (USB 2 interface ) one ... I dont have any problem with that :D ... moreover its better if this costs max. Rs. 4000

So pls suggest me models and prices

Like I said , I need this bad...so kindly help me

astropollo

Right off the assembly line
Hi There!
Well, regarding tv tuner cards, the best brand that I came across was Pinnacle.I have a Pinnacle PCTV Stereo TV tuner card and its excellent.Priced at 2500 Rs, it performs at an Unmatched quality and at a very good resolution.You can record tv shows in Divx format using Nero Vision(Nero 7 and above).Visit www.pinnaclesys.com for more info.
Enjoy

well dude....go for pinnacle as it is the best.......n by any chance if u come across a Typhoon tv tuner card, plz break it into pieces n throw it out of the window!!!!

cheers

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
hey astropollo

does your tuner have Phillips chip :confused: If not then the quality would not be good :evil:
BTW, how much space does a 1.5 hour movie in DivX format occupy on your hard drive ?
I presume the card has the time shift/scheduling and the usual features ?
Is it an external one (usb 2) ? any FM radio options ? what is the bundled software ? how's the remote ?

I heard Pinnacle Media Center tuners are better than PCTV series (and costlier as well :neutral: )... do I need to have Windows Media Center installed to use it :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom