Need a HeAdPhOnE

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Hi
I need a headphone.(Wired/Wireless)
My buget is of Rs. 3-3.5K.
Its better if it is of earbud type(like in Walkman Series Fones)
Can I get a BOSE headphone in this range?

Please temme the best headphone i n this range.I am a true audiophille so your best suggestion will be appriciated.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Get the Sennheiser PX100. It's a foldable headphone (not noice cancelling). You can get this for 3.5k-4k. In bangalore, you can get it in Apple store. It's sweet sounding monster.

Other options are :

Bose® In-Ear Headphones for Rs5k (like in w series phones)

Sony MDR-EX90LP in-ear headphones for Rs.5,500 (like in w series phones)

My suggestion for you is to get PX100. in-ear headphones are not for everyone's ear. It difficult to use them for those having waxy ears and due to these, earwax will increase. It's difficult to get earcaps for them and if they tear accidentally, you just can't use them.

Take in-ear headphones only if you can test them before buying and if they fit properly in the ear and if they provide good isolation else, you can go for the active noise cancelling earphones like Sony MDR-G94NC for 5k. These are normal headphones with noise cancelling circuit. this kind of circuit detect outdoor noise and send inverse wave of that noise and are vey effective in cancelling noice.

OP
eggman

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Thanks ambandla
I had used the Headphones provided in W series.
And i like dem cause i can lie in anyside while they are plugges in

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
In that case, go for the creative EP-630.

Bose in-ear headphones can't fit in every year and they doesn't fit perfectly. Sony earphones lacks perfect noise isolation.

Creative EP-630 should be the best for you.

You can also try altec lansing in-motion series in-ear headphones. These are very costly as they use Etymotic Research's technology. Etymotic is the leader in providing professional concert quality headphones (etymotic in-ear products go upto a $1000 in commercial market). I'm not sure but you can altec lansing in-motion series in-ear headphones for 6-8k (not sure at all).

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
I myself am planning to buy Creative EP-630 for use with my N70.. Anybody has an idea about its price in delhi, or if anyone could recommend a better earphone for around 1k?

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Kalpik, since you have an N70, you can go for sony ericsson's in-ear headphone that is sold for W810i's use. This headset has two parts just like N70 but the in-ear headphone part's cable is very short, it's just about 20-30cm's. That is the best for you as you can use plug that into your N70 headset jack and have less cable clutter. It should cost you some 800 rupees and the audio clarity is stellar.

Last edited:

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
I am not saying that sony's are better than creatives. You may not see much difference in audio quality. Since creative EP-630 have long cable, you will feel iritated with the cable clutter on your body.

kalpik

I would prefer if i could use the earphones with other things too.. Not just my N70 :p

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
If you were buying for a PC/mp3 player use, I would not recommend SE's in-ear phones due to their short cable. In this case, I sould suggest EP-630.

kalpik

Hmm.. Thanks.. I was wanting to use it with my PC and MP3 player too.. BTW, have you personally used EP-630?

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
NO. I have used HPM-82 and not EP-630. My suggestion is based on the impedance and sensitivity of these two products.

HPM-82:

Impedance: 16 ohms
Sensitivity: 100 dB

EP-630:

impedance: 16ohms

sensitivity: 106dB
The sensitivity is measured in dB per Watt. Normally at a 1kHz signal. The higher the sensitive is the easier they are driven by your player and it also gives you better battery life. The impedance should be pretty low since a lower impedance most often gives you a higher volume.

Creative zen aurvana is the best creative in-ear headphones for under $99. They are now available in India. These are really tiny and fit SHOULD be perfect. Get these if they are available in your place.

The Aurvanas include a Y-junction slider for optimal cable management, and they ship with the mentioned earbuds, an airplane adapter, an ear-gunk cleaning tool, and a travel case.

Impedance: 42ohm
sensitivity: 116db.

the spec says everything :)

Last edited:

kalpik

Heh.. my budget is around 1-1.5k.. Knew about Impedance and sensitivity.. But i guess a personal recommendation from someone who already uses them never hurts ;)

Thanks for the help anyway :)

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
okay. I thought of one solution. I recently bought an extension cable for earphones (Rs.40). Get Sony ericsson in-ear headphones for Rs.800, use that with your N70 headset. When you want to connect that to PC, connect it to the extension cable. This one should be cost effective cum gr8 quality.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Why are you adamant on kalpik buying the SE in-ear earphone???
Are you getting paid by SE or what???
He is just asking which one is better of the two...you don't have any reply to that as you haven't tried the creative EP-630...
I am sure the EP-630 are better than the SE ones as they have positive reviews all over the net..
And as for your extension cord thing..i too have that but that only leads to a lower quality sound than provided by direct connection...
Even i am looking for a good pair of earphones for around 1k bucks...
Sennheiser MX 400 are also a good pair of earphones with the same price as EP-630 but don't know which one to go for.Sennheiser has better reputation than creative in making earphones...hope someone can help us out!

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
ankurgupta.me said:
Why are you adamant on kalpik buying the SE in-ear earphone???
Are you getting paid by SE or what???
He is just asking which one is better of the two...you don't have any reply to that as you haven't tried the creative EP-630...
I am sure the EP-630 are better than the SE ones as they have positive reviews all over the net..
And as for your extension cord thing..i too have that but that only leads to a lower quality sound than provided by direct connection...
Even i am looking for a good pair of earphones for around 1k bucks...
Sennheiser MX 400 are also a good pair of earphones with the same price as EP-630 but don't know which one to go for.Sennheiser has better reputation than creative in making earphones...hope someone can help us out!

Hmm. this is hilarious. Do you know how N70's headset is like? For N70, you cannot attah earphone directly to the handset, You have to plug it into the jack of the connector, which is about 3/4th of a metre in length. If you think that you can put the extra wire in your pocket, you have to hold the microphone piece with your hand while you are speaking or plug out the headset and use the handset while on call.

I advised SE's model coz Kalpik priority was N70 and with N70, there isn't much difference in the audio quality between these two headsets.

@kalpik, Creative today added a new model EP-635 which has the same earpiece but the cord is 0.6mt in length. This one is like a apple's lanyard style earphones.

If you need a long one, go for EP-630 else go for EP-635.

Now, don't say that I am getting money from Creative.

Sennheiser MX-400 is just a normal earphone with good (or stellar) audio quality. No need to put Rs.1k for that as there are in-ear headphones coming for that price.

FYI, if you had ever used apple radio remote with ipod, you will have a good idea of how irritating it will be if you use traditional 1 or 2mt earphones with N70.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
kalpik has already managed to get his hands onto an adapter which he will use to plug a normal earphone into the 3.5mm jack....
And as far as cable length is concerned he is not too much concerned about that as he has not mentioned that in any of the posts...
Also he wishes to use the earphone with other gadgets too which will certainly be better equipped to produce better quality sound than N70 and there difference will certainly be more pronounced and also short cable length will be troublesome in that case...
Now i don't want to get into a brawl with you...I just got the answer that i and kalpik wanted that EP-630 is better than SE and that's all that matters..
And could you please tell the reason behind you not recommending the sennheiser ones...have you used them personally???

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
You said that you don't want to get in a brawl and then you are asking another question. What does this mean? Why didn't you get sennheiser if you think they are good? If you are guys are fixed to EP-630, why were there questions asking which one is better? Why are you arguing with someone else's views when you had your own view and are fixed to that? Did Kalpik mention that he managed to get hands on toa an adapter that you mentioned?

@kalpik, If you need any advise, mention your full requirement and mention what you have.

Coming to your question on MX-400.

1) MX-400 is earbud syle and they are certainly good but not as good as the in-ear headphones.

2) is there a need to put 1k for traditional earphones when you can get a very good quality earphones for Rs.500 and for Rs.500 more you can get in-ear headphones that provide noise isolation

3) have you used them before?

1) apple earbud style earphones

2) apple in-ear headphones

3) Sennheiser PX-100 headphones

4) Sony MDR-E828LP earbud style earphones

5) Sony Ericsson HPM-75 in-ear headset

6) Aiwa huge headphones (didn't remember the model number as I got that with a home theatre about 2yrs ago) and already lost them.

7) Panasonic earclip style headphones (didn't remember the model number)

Aftre using these many product for looong time and testing the quality based on specs, type, brand, I think I am quite good in deciding earphones.

I got Rs.200 sony earphones (loose) when I bought an ipod as a replacement to apple's stupid earphones bundled with the ipod. And I am more than happy with these until I moved to PX-100.

Last edited:

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Well if you think asking a question is getting into brawl then wat can i say about that...
I had a chat with kalpik in which he told me that he had managed to get his hands on an adapter...as simple as that...
and to finish it finally...
so you saying that EP-630 are better than MX 400...
But i just wanted to know that how do you know that EP-630 are better than MX 400 when you haven't used either...specs don't guarantee quality sound...

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
okay. Good point.

try this with good quality earphones:

listen to the full song with your earphones. Next play the same song, put your hands on your earphones and push them (keep your hands on the earphones) to create near-isolation(dont' hurt your ear).

The sound will be more immersive and rich with greater bass and treble.

Why, it's the same earphone?

It is due to the isolation that you get when you close your ears (with earphones on) with your hands.

The same is the case with in-ear headphones (like EP-630). This one creates isolation from external noise and as a result you get immersive sound (as if the songs are playing inside your head). this can never be achieved with a normal earphones.

Moreover, since EP-430 is blocking external noise, you do not have to increase the volume of your player and this ensures in eardrum safety.

If you ask me to select between Sennheiser CX series and creative EPM-63x, I would select CX series without a single doubt. But when you compare sennheiser tradition headphones with creative in-ear headphones, creative will emerge as the winner.

Specs does matter. We are not comparing local made headphones with professional brands. Here both creative and sennheiser make great headphones (sennheiser has the better products than creative). I think you got my point.

btw, have you ever tried any in-ear headphones?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom