vinyas

In the zone
Ned A Good Processor & MotherBoard Config

Pls Note The Follwing Points Before Postin Ur Feedback:

1.Decent Gamin
2.All Adode Products Must Run Comfortable with No Probs Due to Lack Resources
3.ComFortable Audio & Video Rippin
4.Quick & Good Results For Dvd To Xvid Conversion In terms Of Speed & Quality
5.Must be Able to Run For a atleast 5 Days At a Strech without any Heatin problems
6.Must Be Able to Max Experience Of Vista
7.Must Have Sata I support
8.DDR - II @ 667 Must be supported
9.Resources for Best Quality Tv Capturin

I am having Athlon64 3800 + Socket939 processor,still undecided On Motherboard

help me Out on this as i am Not Good @ assemblin Pc's

Thnx Ton.....

OP
V

vinyas

In the zone
thnx buddy.....on Amd Side ????

Perhaps 3 - 4 Steps Ahead of the Requirments ...

i Dont want the JUST SUFFICIENT.... & Cost no Bar..Something to Cater for 3 - 4 years...... & can be decently upgraded

i think u know wat i am talkin....

thnx again

cyrux

In the zone
tech_mastermind said:
u will need intel original 915 gev and 2.6 ghz proc.
??? I doubt that will serve the purpose

Let the others reply..i have not much knowledge on mobos

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
What! You say you need DDR2 667Mhz compatible board and also want to use AMD 3800+ X2...how is that possible? As of now, AMD does not support DDR2. And DDR @ 400MHz is more than enough.

Two options:

Sell the 3800+ X2, buy Intel Pentium D 3.2Ghz and Intel original 945G/955X

Use the 3800+ X2 with Asus A8N-E/MSI K8N Neo4 platinum/DFI Lanparty nf4 ultra D..depending on budget.

But all above will need a separate graphics card for display. You have not mentioned your requirements for the same. But ask anybody, most of the people here will prefer the 2nd option.

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
Wht digitized said is right...
Also theres ASROCK... (discussed in the topic "motherboard")
buT I will prefer ASUS A8N-E with external graphic card...
A8N- E is performance board...

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
Look out for dual core amd processors.
There are some of the best solutions from AMD.
Try one from MSI NEO platinum with nforce 4 ultra or the one above.

for having best experience on Vista consider this:
WD raptors with 10000rpm
at least 256MB ram graphics card with PS and VS 3.0 reversions like Nvidia,Ati,Matrox e.t.c
atleast 2GB of ram in dual channel mode from OCZ,Corsair e.t.c
and opteron processors from AMD or extreme editions from Intel.

Still my recommendation is to go for AMD 64 with dual core technology.
Intel has surely made comeback with conroe but then you have to wait for a longer time period.

:)

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
FOR AMD.
Go for ASUS A8N-E (doesn't have onboard video controller) *www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=15&l3=171&model=455&modelmenu=1 or ASUS A8N-VM CSM (does have onboard video controller) *www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=15&l3=0&model=766&modelmenu=1

Have atleast 1GB RAM in dual channel (512*2) and a good GFX card maybe atleast 6600 or 6600gt.

For using VISTA u will have plenty of option to upgrade using any on the mobo mentioned. Only thing lacking would be the sopport for SLI. So if u want SLI setup in future see this A8N32-SLI DELUXE *www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=15&l3=226&model=744&modelmenu=1

OP
V

vinyas

In the zone
"I am having Athlon64 3800 " --- I Meant i am having the 3800 in Mind For the Buy

how about a AMD ATHLON 64 X2 3800 with one these

asus Proactive A8N - SLI :
*www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Rev...=12466&PageId=0

Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI :
*www.neoseeker.com/Articles/H...psli/index.html

how much of a difference does 3800 & 4200 have ?? -- Dont have Over Clockin in Mind

Pls Post ur Views on

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
intel - P5ND2 SLI - nforce 4 sli intel edition and intel 805 - 2.66 ghz 533 fsb dual core proci - and then overclock it as its a monstar overclocking chip -- only if u want play with ur hardware or go for like 640 or 650 .. i mean 3.2 or 3.4 ghz intel single core ..

OP
V

vinyas

In the zone
thinkin of gettin

Amd X2 3800+ & ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe

*www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=12466&PageId=0
will 4200 will make a huge difference ??

wats ur views ???

Nitin_Tyagi

Broken In
tech_mastermind said:
u will need intel original 915 gev and 2.6 ghz proc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Intel people will never stop puttin it in b/w

Nitin_Tyagi

Broken In
You already have got a lot of knowledje by fellow people. I would just like to add that if gaming is your primary concern and you are not too much heavy on running programs you should go for
Processor:- Athlon 64 FX(Venice core) if you can get one.
MOBO:- ASUS A8NE [use the SLI model if you want to have the highest performance But My personal viewpoint is that using two graphics cards in SLI mode does give you a slight performance boost but it would not double the Graphics processing. If you compare it with the cost the increase is performance is low],[If you go a little cost consious use a non SLI model and a graphics Card with DUAL GPU]
I am not able to remember the graphics cards model but can tell u later.

Audio and video ripping, dvd to Xvid conversion will be finer on the above mentioned processor than the X2
The MOBO mentioned will give you Sata 2 support
DDR II is not supported and niether will you find any mobo with amd in india (according to my knowledje) which supports DDR2
Tv capturing will be the issue of the TV card you will Choose the mobo will not give any problems regarding resources.
[AND FOR MAX EXPERIANCE OF VISTA YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT MAN BECAUSE VISTA COMES WITH DIRECTX10 AND NO CARD IN PRODUCTION TODAY HAS THE CAPABILITIES TO FULLY SUPPORT DIRECTX10 AT HARDWARE LEVEL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom