need a 19'' display

Status
Not open for further replies.

rama007

Broken In
hello people

me need a 19 '' display but cant decide whether to go for lcd of crt. i need something compact sp would like to go for the lcd . but after reading a lot about lcds not displaying as good as crt me confused.
lcds save power and are compact .

well i cant get a 19 crt through the train door. me transfer lot.

is lcds worth it.

well i found out this viewsonic vp191b costing Rs27500 + taxes. ok for me

well all i ask is should i ???????

Ringwraith

Journeyman
go ahead with the lcd :thumbsup:
it wud give you the viewable area of a 21" CRT :wink:
if u are willing to spend money then a good LCD monitor can be fabulous!

goobimama

 Macboy
If you are into Photoshop and other graphics related work, then CRT gives better colour reproduction. But that too is to a certain degree, only if you want perfection. Then there's the games thing, but I think some of those newer LCDs have a low response time which eliminates blurring and stuff...

Go for the LCD...

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
wat u r gonna do i mean u will b playing games or juz surfing and all dis is really very imp.bcoz for gamin its not recommended CRT r betta so do tel us wat u r gonna do.

Kniwor

Learner
rama007 said:
hello people

me need a 19 '' display but cant decide whether to go for lcd of crt. i need something compact sp would like to go for the lcd . but after reading a lot about lcds not displaying as good as crt me confused.
lcds save power and are compact .

well i cant get a 19 crt through the train door. me transfer lot.

is lcds worth it.

well i found out this viewsonic vp191b costing Rs27500 + taxes. ok for me

well all i ask is should i ???????

If u're into gaming, those response rates might cause ghosting, if not, then go for it.Response time for the monitor u said,

8ms (gray-to-gray); 20ms (black-white-black, typ)

look here
*www.viewsonic.com/products/desktopdisplays/lcddisplays/proseries/vp191b/

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
It depends on what purpose u r using the monitor for...if u r using it for Graphic apps so better go for CRT else LCD......

D

deepakd

go for samsung 997 df. I am using it. very good for graphics usage. no issues.

OP
R

rama007

Broken In
thx for responses

me gamer

will be using it for gaming mostly, not much of a movie fan so average movie quality ok and no photoshopping as for the applications , they run on any lcd

in reviews they say its good for everything applications, gaming ??

Mr. Kniwor is the amount of ghosting unacceptable
well can u tell me some lcd for gaming avaliable in india i mean delhi

my primal concern is the portability of the display

so would always prefer lcd over crt
but just want to get the best affordable one
my buget is around 30k

please advise

rohanbee

Padawan
LCd is protable but then fragile as well. You coould manhandle your crt but you cant do the same to your lcd ?!!!
For gaming poeple still believe in crt's and me too, but if you want space saving and yes lesser strain i personally believe lcd's are better

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
You can check the recently launched Samsung 913N LCD. It has 700:1 contrast ratio and 8 ms response time.. It'll cost u around 25k

also check the acer 19" widescreen LCD which they advertise so much in papers.. Dunnoe the model number as it's not there on their site.

you can contact local dealers for the acer thing which costs 19.5k(as advertised in papers)

Sourabh

Laptoping
Heres the link for the 19" Widescreen LCD on the Acer India website

*www.acer.co.in/products/peripherals/al922.html

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
Acer LCD sourabh is suggesting has a Response time of 25 ms.samsung SyncMaster 713N has 8ms Response Time thats the diff.

Sourabh

Laptoping
LOL! Thats the catch :p Do you think they would give ads in paper stating that these are the ones with 25ms Response Time. So its your choice to make, to get a good and reputed 17" LCD or get a bigger 19" with Widescreen.

theraven

Technomancer
btw that is NOT widescreen
resolution is 1280*1024
either the indian site DOESNT have the entry for the widescreen version , or they are advertising it wrong
but 1280*1024 is NOT widescreen
the closest to that resolution in widescreen is 1280*768

mohit

The Hardware Labs
comparing acer wid samsung when it comes to lcd's ?? :D :d ... acer doesnt stand a chance.

@rama
if u wanna game then go for the samsung wid 8ms response time... it will be good enuf and i dont suggest a 19" inch crt anyday .. u will keep paying fat electricity bills every month !!

Kniwor

Learner
rama007 said:
thx for responses

me gamer

will be using it for gaming mostly, not much of a movie fan so average movie quality ok and no photoshopping as for the applications , they run on any lcd

in reviews they say its good for everything applications, gaming ??

Mr. Kniwor is the amount of ghosting unacceptable
well can u tell me some lcd for gaming avaliable in india i mean delhi

my primal concern is the portability of the display

so would always prefer lcd over crt
but just want to get the best affordable one
my buget is around 30k

please advise

I'll try to search one for u.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom