Need 4 hours UPS backup, help

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallin_a

finding a way out !!!
i need 4 hours of power backup for my pc alone.. under normal conditions like using word doc wit crt monitor..

which is the best option or suggest an ups of dat sort, and the price range..

din

Tribal Boy
APC has it, but cost will be high. Better to contact people who make UPS in your area. I am using Safepower UPS (I think its only in Cochin, Kerala). I get 6 hr backup for 2 PCs. Also, battery and other componetnt prices has been changed (increased) a lot recently, so you will have to spend more ...

din said:
APC has it, but cost will be high. Better to contact people who make UPS in your area. I am using Safepower UPS (I think its only in Cochin, Kerala). I get 6 hr backup for 2 PCs. Also, battery and other componetnt prices has been changed (increased) a lot recently, so you will have to spend more ...

How much it wud cost ???

din

Tribal Boy
My UPS cost was Rs.6000 and Battery 2 numbers - Rs.3850 each. But the prices has been gone high I think, especially the battery cost.

If cost is not a problem, go for APC. They hav Big UPS as well.

utsav said:
for getting such backups,UPS needs inverter batteries
Yes, my UPS has big batteries.

Last edited:

utsav

damn busy...
apc will be very heavy on the pocket and i hav also heard that battery prices hav doubled in many places

NucleusKore

TheSaint
There is a APC UPS for home use, 800 VA. Because its for home use taxes are low. The whole thing was available last year for Rs. 8500/- Do check on it.

din

Tribal Boy
800 VA for 8500 ? Hmm, I think the price has increased, anyway, check with APC Dealer.

shashank_re

In the zone
Sorry for posting in old thread but didnt want to create another thread.
Ok heres the case:
I have a PC(normal not power hungry,P4 based) with APC UPS which provides backup of ~10min MAX.
So iam looking for better UPS/Inverter(BTW Whats the diff b/n a inverter and UPS?) that can provide backup for atleast 2-3hr with 1PC,1TV,3 Tubes and 1 Fan.
Please suggest the model or make i should go.I need to purchase it in this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom