Need 2 Mini PC (CPU) with 1 Monitor and Splitter ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

satyamy

Alive Again...
My Friend need 2 Mini PC (CPU) so that he can load win98 on 1 and win vista on other and he will connect it to a Single monitor
with the help of the device called "Splitter" ???
he dont want to load dual OS on 1 PC bcoz for switching to another PC he need to restart the PC and he dont want that

This is what he said

I wanted to know is this Possible ? :confused:

if yes what will be the config of Mini PC ? (he need dual core)

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
But none of the newer PCs dun support Win 98, especially the dual cores
For Intel, chipsets starrting from 912 nd for AMD the nforce 4 stopped supporting win 98.
U can go for Win 2000 with SP4.

OP
satyamy

satyamy

Alive Again...
if not virtual machine, you could try an intel dot station @3.5k for win 98se. perfect for that OS :lol:
can you tell more details about it ?

1st of all, use Virtual PC for load Windows 98SE for your work :) can u use virtual PC or its out of option ??
also even if he uses Virtual PC he need atleast 1 MINI PC

i hav no idea about it ?
can you tell me some detail or config about Mini PC
he was saying he need Dual Core 1.6(E2140)
is this possible in mini pc ? :confused:

Last edited:
can you tell more details about it ?
The following threads will help enlighten you:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78542
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25307

ofcource, if you need to run windows 98 and don't want historicware, you can look at this configuration:

AMD Sempron AM2 3000+
Specs:1.6GHz, 256KB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB, 90nm, Enhanced 3D Now!, NXBit, AMD64
Price: Rs.1,650/-

MSI K9MM-V -
Specs: VIA K8M800, AMD Athlon64 X2/Athlon64/Sempron, Socket 940 AM2, 2GB DDR2 533/667/800MHz, 1GHz FSB, SATA RAID, Realtek ALC655 5.1ch Audio, 10/100Mb Ethernet, AGP 8x, mATX
Rs.1,650/-

Transcend JetRam 1GB PC2-5300 -
Size: 1GB DDR2 667MHz
Latency: 5-5-5-18 (CAS,tRCD,tRP,tRAS)
Function: Unbuffered
Operating Voltage: 1.8v
Warranty: Lifetime
Rs.900/-

The Set as you see will cost Rs. 4200/-, that being the maximum price as the indivudual components may be even cheaper.

And it can run Windows XP, common distros, and windows 98/2000 comfortably.

OP
satyamy

satyamy

Alive Again...
1st of all, use Virtual PC for load Windows 98SE for your work :) can u use virtual PC or its out of option ??

1 more Question
IF i buy
Intel Core 2 Duo (eg. e4300)
can i run win98se using Vitual PC
The only objective to intall win98 is to run tally 4.5 (which only run in win98se dosent even run in win2000/xp)
because i have heard that win98s dosent run on core 2 duo ?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
The only objective to intall win98 is to run tally 4.5 (which only run in win98se dosent even run in win2000/xp)
because i have heard that win98s dosent run on core 2 duo ?

The concept of Virtual PC is that the hardware is emulated to the state in which any OS under VPC can run, even Windows 3.1 :lol:

over Yahoo IM I have given u a link for layman's term for VPC :p that was for Windows Server 2003, where as the method is just same with Windows 98 SE :) simply install the Windows 98 SE under VPC :) and then copy paste all data (Tally DB files) under VPC installation of Windows 98 SE to for using it :)

Satyam said:
can you tell me some detail or config about Mini PC
he was saying he need Dual Core 1.6(E2140)
is this possible in mini pc ?

refer here please :) *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71700&page=108

OP
satyamy

satyamy

Alive Again...
The concept of Virtual PC is that the hardware is emulated to the state in which any OS under VPC can run, even Windows 3.1 :lol:

over Yahoo IM I have given u a link for layman's term for VPC :p that was for Windows Server 2003, where as the method is just same with Windows 98 SE :) simply install the Windows 98 SE under VPC :) and then copy paste all data (Tally DB files) under VPC installation of Windows 98 SE to for using it :)

refer here please :) *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71700&page=108

Thanks Very Very Much
Solved my Prob :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom