NAT error with Azureus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamilvendan

Broken In
Hi friends! I have taken this new broadband internet connection and i am using azureus for torrenting. Azureus was working fine with the previous internet connection where they gave real IP address. In the new connection the downloads are dead slow and sometimes not happening at all and azureus shows NAT error saying that port is closed but netstat -an shows that port is listening. I talked to ISP and they say all the ports above 1000 are open. Still i tried to log in to their modem to forward ports but their modem is SMC Cable modem and there is no option to make any change.

My question is, Is it necessary to port forward even when all the ports are open? When the netstat command says the port is open why azureus is saying it may be closed?

Any solution for my problem?

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
I had a simmillar prob with Azureus, I think thats why I stopped using it. try to set your IP as a static IP as apposed to a dynamic, I found utorrent to be pretty reliable. Do you have the latest Java & .net framework?

OP
T

tamilvendan

Broken In
Yes I have the latest Java but I am not sure about .net framerwork. But my azureus was working fine with the previous internet connection which had real ip address.

I dont know many things about this new connection. My IP address is shown as 10.1.142.182 or 10.1.142.211, it keeps changing only from these two values and my default gateway is 10.1.0.10. But when i enter the gateway address in the browser it returns error msg. I talked to my ISP and asked for their modem address and they said 192.168.100.1. When i entered this in the browser it opened SMC Cable modem . It displays all its connection but there is no option to make any change in it. When I checked this 192.168.100.1 with Angry IP scanner it said it is dead host.

While testing the port with azureus it says unable to establish connection with my IP address which starts with 59.82. something like that. Now I am really confused. Which is my IP address? can any one clarify things?

Thanks in advance.

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
start, run, cmd. type " ipconfig /all ' it should show your ipaddress. if it is a 192.168.xx.xx then you have a router/modem and need to config the ports. are you running anyother firewall/AV and configured it to allow all instances of Azureus?

OP
T

tamilvendan

Broken In
I have AVG IS and it is allowing azureus. As I have already told it was working fine with previous connection. Now just to check I tried with uTorrent and to my surprise it is working fine. So I concluded, like azureus has different effects with different computers , it behaves differently with different connections also!

But still my questions have not been answered.

Is it necessary to port forward if all the ports are already open for a dynamic IP address?

Why entering gateway address in the browser returns error msg?

If modem's ip address is the public ip address why Angry IP scanner says it is dead host?

Anyone with better networking knowledge?

OP
T

tamilvendan

Broken In
It is disheartening to know I have not been able to get a solution for my problem even after i posted my query in DIGIT FORUM which i value very much.

Now i am using utorrent for downloading torrent. Recently i started with one of this axxo files and utorent showed 6000+ seeds and 10000+ peers of which about 20 are connected in each and still the download speed is 1Kbs- 2Kbs in a 256kbs connection. Its the same with azureus also.

What should i do to get good download speeds?

Is it necessary to port forward when the ISP says all the ports above 1000 are already open?

Mine is a dynamic ip address assigned by dhcp. Making it static also doesn't help.

Tried with many different ports. Result is the same.

Hi friends! please help me out!

blackpearl

The Devil
Don't be dishearted. :)

Right now I'm facing a similar problem with my router, though not with torrents. I suggest you post your problem in this forum
*vinuthomas.com/Forums.html

This forum is dedicated to all problems related to ISPs, port forwarding etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom