N96 vs. iPhone - out of question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohitsuri50

Broken In
the 'i' letter is what apple tends to take very seriously as always.. i for innovation... yes.. i phone is innovative.. but as a consumer between the n96 and iphone, i will always go for the n96...

moreso as both device coming into india and their speculated prices

in every other department apart from screen display, the n96 seems to have a upper hand..

5 mp cam vs. 2 mp on iphone
24 gb expandable memory vs. 16 gb in built memory without any external slot
advanced utility tools like adding multimedia content from gallery in your message and send it as a MMS vs. iphone - NO SMS FORWARDING!
A2DP support vs. no support on iphone

i have even heard the iphone has some serious network problems in other markets.

leave aside plethora of other apps and features available on new S60 F2 platform plus preloaded apps like wave that protects your phone and data.

top it all! speculated price of iphone between 31-38 k for both 2g and 3g models, while 28-35k.

the choice is simple.. even though i was planning to pocket a iphone, now i have to give it some serious thought.

what do you say folks, which one you would go for?

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
I would wait for the Innov8 and shell out 36k on that rather than wasting money on either of them.Both are crap.

Iphone=Pretty crap
N96=same old crap in a new pan :lol:

N96=N95+dvb+card slot+8k

Innov8=ultimate

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
N96 is the way to go

believe me iphone is going to be the most common phone very soon !@!

OP
M

mohitsuri50

Broken In
I would wait for the Innov8 and shell out 36k on that rather than wasting money on either of them.Both are crap.

Iphone=Pretty crap
N96=same old crap in a new pan :lol:

N96=N95+dvb+card slot+8k

Innov8=ultimate

Dude...

This looks very one sided...

check your facts
*s60blog.com/2008/08/nokia-n96-vs-samsung-innov8-pre-release-battle-of-‘the-titans’/

u r ready to shell out 36 k for 8 mp camera or the sleek... and ya on top of it if you are looking for storage then you either go for 8 gb or 16 gb option, unline 24 gb expandable memory on n96

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
The n96 will b my choice...It has everything that I want..This is true that iphone lacks quite a lot of important features that N96 has...

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Dude...

This looks very one sided...

check your facts
*s60blog.com/2008/08/nokia-n96-vs-samsung-innov8-pre-release-battle-of-‘the-titans’/

u r ready to shell out 36 k for 8 mp camera or the sleek... and ya on top of it if you are looking for storage then you either go for 8 gb or 16 gb option, unline 24 gb expandable memory on n96

Very one sided review

The innov8 beats the N96 in each and evry department.The fact that he quoted the price wrong is a blunder in itself.The N96 retails at 650 punds sim-free.Which is about 800 euroes.

Innov8 alsocomes in 8 gb and 16gb formats with a card slot.The innov8 beats it hands down.N96 has been born defeated.

btw, his coment that Nokia supports more softwares than Samsung is hilarious.Its like saying that a Dell running Xp supports more softwares than an Acer running the same platform. :lol:

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
btw, his coment that Nokia supports more softwares than Samsung is hilarious.Its like saying that a Dell running Xp supports more softwares than an Acer running the same platform. :lol:

+1 :lol:

If n96 have got a 8 MP cam then it would have really beater the innov8

but still i wll choose N96 over innov8

N96 got better looks then innov8

AND AND N96 got dvb - h

lemme go and get prepared for a debate now :lol:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
this time i dont think i'll go with Nokia N96,i wud better buy Samsung Innov8.but the things against Innov8 is that Samsung doesnt solve bugs in firmware with updates as quickly as Nokia does,also i dont think Innov8 will support n-gage (maybe with hacks it wud be possible)

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
If Nokia put a touchscreen on N96..... the best out there :)

But I'ld choose the Omnia over the Innov8 ;)
Slimmer, sexier, large touch-screen.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
does any1 know when Samsung is going to launch the 8GB version of Innov8 in India and wats its xpected price gonna be?

OP
M

mohitsuri50

Broken In
Very one sided review

The innov8 beats the N96 in each and evry department.The fact that he quoted the price wrong is a blunder in itself.The N96 retails at 650 punds sim-free.Which is about 800 euroes.

Innov8 alsocomes in 8 gb and 16gb formats with a card slot.The innov8 beats it hands down.N96 has been born defeated.

i don't think anybody is discarding the existence of innov8...

storage is an important factor as its decides the capability of the device.
the 128 MB RAM and its dual ARM 9 264 Mhc CPU on n96 is likely to make the OS faster

the innov8 lacks dedicated memory, so it is likely to reduce the speed...so much for the ultimate multimedia functionalities and yes.. 3D graphics.

the 24 gb memory on n96 is unbeatable.

if someone wants to go for pure looks and yes, 3 mp extra... then i guess Innov 8 is the best choice.

i will still go with n96. it looks good and performs better.

besides from what i am hearing there will be a host of utility and entertainment features built in when it launches.

so...i am counting on it.
:)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
24gb???Where??

Dedicated memory for what?? You are confused.

It has 3d acceleration, coz without 3d accellration recording VGA videos and 120 fps QVGA videos are not possible

I guess Innov8 uses the same processor or better.No details on that yet.But then theres a thing called brand loyality .:)

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
samsung inno v8 way better than n96 .. no doubts abt it .. if samsung would have put xenon flash in it then it would have been a super killer phone ..only reason i would not get it ..

anyways ..can someone tell me what is difference between n73 and n73 me package these days .. i am looking at n73 for my mom .. anyone ?

bigron

Broken In
Subir..I think you are right.I was planning to post something untill i realised we were discussing everything apart from the iphone and n96.Anaways.coming back to the topic the one thing that iphone has in its favour is the amazing user interface.Very innovative and smooth.People will buy the iphone just to have a feel of the interface.However after the initial excitemet subsides you realise that you need more things than just simply swiping your fingers left and right.Feature wise the n96 has a lot to offer.But it looks like an n95 with slightly different clothes.I am of the view that most people will buy an iphone and eventually move on to something more practicle and feature rich .

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
samsung inno v8 way better than n96 .. no doubts abt it .. if samsung would have put xenon flash in it then it would have been a super killer phone ..only reason i would not get it ..

anyways ..can someone tell me what is difference between n73 and n73 me package these days .. i am looking at n73 for my mom .. anyone ?

Well the old N73 is discontinued so avoid buying it if you find it at any shop even

Buy N73 ME version with HS - 16 there is nothing much change just better headphones 100 songs and the 2GIG memory card

well check the firmware first the new one is very fast !@!

btw mom ke N73 kyew ?? K810i lo mom ke liye ??

mummy symbian ka kya karegi !@!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom