n73 me new firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
*www.symbian-freak.com/news/008/03/n73_new_firmware.htm

i am not able to get it mine is stuck at the earlier ver.
somewhere i heard that this new fw has been withdrawn by nokia.
what's ur status?

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
I am happy with my old 4.0727.2.2.1.
The current one is 4.0736 something. I didn't upgrade as I had read that it disabled the equalizer and some other options.

Yah, there was a 4.0750 version available, but it was withdrawn due to some serious updating problems.

Last edited:
OP
T

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
no dude 4.08.* is released
thats the one that i am tallking abt atleast RTFA
it makes the cam and overall navigation fast

EDIT: SEEms nokia has withdrwan this FW of all their servers. second time this is happening.

lets see what happens ahead.

Last edited:

Roadripper

Journeyman
bumped this coz i needed to knw abt this...This firmwre sucks man ... y the **** i updated this../. its 4.08.012.4.2.1 its turned tobe somewat fast bt my musci player music is useless drastic change in music i want to update to my 4.07 firmwre wat to do ....;):D

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
I too updated to 4.08 and now I am regretting. 4.0750 was the best one available. After a fresh startup the ram stays at 12 MB while previously it stayed at 19-20 MB. And phone has got dead slow. Its not possible to downgrade. Wait till a future release

Last edited:

als2

Journeyman
i have 4.0812.4.2.1
21-03-2008

and facing no problem at all in fact 4.0750 used to give me low memory problem

Roadripper

Journeyman
Y did i upgrade man damn ****... is ther no way i can revert back i googled a lot bt couldnt help ... Music player quality is gone very low memory is kinda okie i hav 18mb free and on first start i had 33mb freee memory.. bt music sucked.. and nokia had wihtdrawn this firmware...:p

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
since Nokia has withdrawn the fw from their servers its clear that they r aware of the flaws and they rectify them and soon u'll get it again from their servers.
the guys who hav alreday updated to this faulty version,just reupdate to the rectified version once its put up for update.

Roadripper

Journeyman
since Nokia has withdrawn the fw from their servers its clear that they r aware of the flaws and they rectify them and soon u'll get it again from their servers.
the guys who hav alreday updated to this faulty version,just reupdate to the rectified version once its put up for update.

Bt how do i knw when are they gonna update the new firmware in their servers any idea when bt if i go thru the nokia sw updater it shows me 4.08.012 only so tht means to say i can update rit and its nt removed from their server..:confused::confused:

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Its not removed. It was once removed on the day it appeared. But now they have made some changes and reuploaded again. _______ Offy: My 1000th post :)

Last edited:

Roadripper

Journeyman
:mad:bt i had updated it 4-5 days back wit the firmware from the nokia updater still music qulaity same thing... it sucks...:x

apoorva84

In the zone
thanks for the info guys..i'll ask my friend not to update to this new firmware..he was talking about updating his n73 ME's firmware a few days back..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom