N70 music edition Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
I just bought a nokia n70 music edition and was really confused on opening the box.It contained all the shown accessories on the box(1GB RS-MMC,Audio adapter etc..).But when i switched on the phone confusion started.First one,the green theme shown on the box(also in all reviews) was not in the phone.Secondly the dedicated music key is not function the way it has to(AS WRITTEN ON THE BOX AND MANUAL).When i press the music key music player is not opening instead gallery is opening as in the old n70.It is written in the manual that a short press will open music player and a long press will open visual radio but a short press opens gallery and a long press opens multimedia key settings.what could be the problem.

I have used n72 before which also has a dedicated music key which worked well.But found it not working on the N70 music edition

K

krazyfrog

Somehow i feel it's not the original N70 music edition but just a regular N70 in black cover put inside the box of N70 music edition with all the accessories. I even think that the dealer has taken you for a ride. I think that you need to take the handset back to the shop and settle the matter there. Ask for a replacement.

romysodhi

Right off the assembly line
hey the same thing has happened with me too!i bought a n70 music edition and the dedicated music key is not working as stated!also the green theme is missing!well i bought it from new delhi,lajpat nagar.Maybe in india nokia is supplying like this only but still i am not sure and have decided to remain silent on this issue s it is not a big deal though i have other more serious problem with it and that is it does not seem to support serial port connection thru bluetooth and i only get the option of file transfer to pc only.if u stay near by from my place,ie delhi lajpat nagar then we can probably contact each other and test our mobile phones...if yes then please let me know here or at romysodhi@rediffmail.com ASAP.

outlaw

De@d
maybe crazy's right ,the dealer might have cheated u

or it might be a mistake at the nokia factory [highly unlikely]

mohitgiri

Journeyman
no friend there s no cheating with u.
u an change the dedicate music key setting just go-
menu-tools-multimedia key.and set here music player.

n the green theme is not avilable in the phone it will available form 2007 nokia n 70 productions.

pra_2006

A S S E M B L E
hey man if u havnt got the green theme in first start of ur mobile then i think that mobile might be used one becauz when i started my mobile first it showed original green theme pls music key is working fine

romysodhi

Right off the assembly line
all of the people who have bought it from new delhi some 4 or 5 i know have the same thing,ie no green theme and no dedicated music key,only u have to configure it to work.All of them bought from reputed nokia dealers,(different shops)some were priority dealers so dont think its foul play and only difference in the normal edition and music edition is i think 1gb of mmc and music adapter and ofcourse a new firmware and all that is being provided.

anyways what is the firmware version of the one with the green theme and dedicated music keys? please let us know.thanks.

eddie

El mooooo
I have read about this problem. What you need to do is to update your phone software. Read the instructions about N Series here
*www.nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,96205,00.html#21

When you will connect to Nokia's website, it will tell you that you have latest software and then ask you whether you want to reinstall. You say "Yes" and then it will download approximately 45MB of software. It will install this software on your phone...restart the phone and voilla...you have the green theme and the music button working as expected.

Remember, this is what I have read on net somewhere. I do not remember which site because I recently read so many websites about mobile phones that I don't remember :D

tweety_bird_bunny

Journeyman
go and shove dis kind of n70s rite up dealers ass... when u paid for n70 ME u shud get n70ME....
it shud hav 2 themes, green and red....
and dedicated media key which cant b changed to anythng else, coz n70ME has removed media key customization... so short press opens media player and long press opens radio...
u can always change it to n70 ME , thru flashin but dis shud not be the case...
if u flash ur phone, u lose ur warranty...

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^^ Do you even bother to read the dates on the thread before posting? This thread is more than a year old.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^^ You mean he's still waiting for the solution after all this time? He might have even sold that phone by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom