N70 and Picture Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raaza

Journeyman
Hello guys,

I wan't to create and send some old type picture messages in N70

I can receive the picture messages (not MMS) but How can I send the same?

you may well known these pic messages used in old models of nokia phones.

earlier I used logo manager to create my own picture messages,

is there any application to create pic messages that supporting n70?

pls help me soon

thnx

K

krazyfrog

To send a picture message, go to text message editor, press options>insert>picture. Select the picture message from the list.
P.S.- This method works in my N-Gage QD, but i'm not sure if it'll work in your N70.

OP
R

Raaza

Journeyman
there's no such options under text message,

I'd like to send picture as text messages coz I think it's cheaper than MMS.

Earlier these type of picture messages counted as text messages and charged also same as text messages (if I' m wrong correct me)

you can find those picture messages I intended to send here:
*www.ringtones-direct.com/pic-msg/59-Animals.htm

so please help me

thnx

K

krazyfrog

If the option i mentioned doesn't come, then it means N70 doesn't support sending of picture messaging. You can do one more thing. If you have FExplorer then go to the folder which has the pictures saved, press options>send>via text message. If it goes you are lucky, if it doesn't, then there's not much you can do in this case.

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
Raaza said:
Earlier these type of picture messages counted as text messages and charged also same as text messages (if I' m wrong correct me)

thnx

These picture messeges r sent as sms.
On sending 1 such message ur charged around (2-3)*normal sms price!!

prasad_den

Padawan
I've noticed that in some phones picture messages are sent through EMS (Enhanced Mess. Service).. But the prob here is that only when the recipient has an EMS capable phone, he can view it. Otherwise, he just receives a message stating that it cannot be viewed.. Maybe yours is one such device..!! :( :(

K

krazyfrog

Nokia phones do not support EMS, only SMS and MMS. EMS was supported by other manufacturers like SE, samsung, lg, etc. Now it seems even they dropped it in favour of MMS.
BTW, Raaza was talking about picture messaging which is a standard developed by Nokia and works on regular SMS technology (1 pic message=3 sms). Its different from EMS.

outlaw

De@d
only templates can be inserted into a sms message in n70

but older phones like 6600 used to support the pic message thingy

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
Ya through EMS u can send basic animations,pics.....
I had a BenQ phone supporting this format!

People hv moved on now.......It has been almost forgotton!

outlaw

De@d
yep i guess no one's interested in these things now

but i am getting lotta such messages from some guys though

but interesting thing is that still there are places offering this "pic message" downloads for outrageously high prices .......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom