Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
M

MasterMinds

hell boy
are u sure? Means did u hear them by ur own with some gud headset? On default headphones there is not much difference though!

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
^^^ there is no diffrence

actually you only heard from it na when you said W200i produces better quality sound than N70m ..... :lol:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
are u sure? Means did u hear them by ur own with some gud headset? On default headphones there is not much difference though!
The question you asked, I'd like to rephrase it to something like this:
"Does the Amul butter with the new pack taste better than the Amul butter with the old pack?"
I hope you are getting what I'm trying to say. In other words, hardware-wise, both the phones are similar. Only their colour and package contents differ.

OP
M

MasterMinds

hell boy
:rolleyes:
^^^ there is no diffrence

actually you only heard from it na when you said W200i produces better quality sound than N70m ..... :lol:

if n70 sounds as gud as n70m then w200i is better:rolleyes:

The question you asked, I'd like to rephrase it to something like this:
"Does the Amul butter with the new pack taste better than the Amul butter with the old pack?"
I hope you are getting what I'm trying to say. In other words, hardware-wise, both the phones are similar. Only their colour and package contents differ.
comon i am too gud to understand this all:D but only thing which made me post this thread was th difference i felt in soun of both these sets i used the nokia ad 41{bundled with n73m} headset as port to 3.5mm jack and used the i-ball headset witth that and in n70 the sound was total flat.....MEANS NO BASS AT ALL and n70m sounded gud with all highs and mids and lows....!!!! i guess there must b sum hardware problem with n70{ not music edition}:confused:

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Well I agree I haven't heard the standard N70, but I have tested the N70 ME with the speakers of SE HPM-70 and it sounded decent to me. Still I believe there would be no difference between the two. I think what is happening with you is called Skitoma. Don't try looking up the term. You'll have to read The Da Vinci Code to understand what it means. :)

OP
M

MasterMinds

hell boy
@ krazy
now i have to watch da vinci code i guess
@cool g5
i guess there is some hardware problem with n70....
guys trust me that sounded too flat.....:confused:

or is there some connector issue????

or some firmware problem????

Last edited:
OP
M

MasterMinds

hell boy
guess what....i heard n72 and same results as that of n70.....FLAT....DUMB SOUND...!! AND THE N72 WAS JUST ABOU 3 WEEKS OLD....! i think nokia has equiped n70m with some sound hardware......and used the n70's hardware to make n72.....!!

OP
M

MasterMinds

hell boy
really dude didn't expect this from these phones......and look at th price they com for...

atleat u get symbian

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
i think nokia has equiped n70m with some sound hardware......and used the n70's hardware to make n72.....!!
I don't think so. As I said it is something like skitoma. It means that your preconceived notions of the sound quality are so powerful that your mind blocks out the incongruity and overrides your ears. In other words, you are only hearing what you want to hear or what you think you are supposed to hear and not what you are actually hearing. *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/39.png

shaunak

Tux Fan
One thing I know is not preconceived is how painfully slow the menu interface is, esp. once you have popped a memory card in, because the response time can be measured in cold hard milliseconds ...

I would rather have a fast phone without the Symbian interface than a slow one with it...

Another irritating gripe, to check you missed calls you have to go three levels deep into the menu [menu > My own > log], but the media player and radio is just a click away...
For heaves sake its a phone first and mp3 player second.....

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
^There is an app by which you can make the music key launch application of your choice.
So you can make music key launch log for you. :)

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I would rather have a fast phone without the Symbian interface than a slow one with it...

Another irritating gripe, to check you missed calls you have to go three levels deep into the menu [menu > My own > log], but the media player and radio is just a click away...
For heaves sake its a phone first and mp3 player second.....

The speed, or rather the lack of it, was more because of the slow processors in older smartphones than Symbian OS. The same processor would've worked fine in a non-smartphone because in a smartphone there are a lot of demands on the processor, lots of processes running in the background. Some people also run multiple app in the background which further taxes the processor. Still it usually is Symbian which faces all the flak, despite not deserving it.

As for the Call Log, in all Nokia phones, the Call log app in the main menu and not hidden somewhere in a sub-folder. The My Own folder you mentioned is for the user-installed apps and the Call Log cannot possibly be in there by default unless it was moved there. Also in S60 to access missed calls from the standby screen just press the green call key and left scroll twice. Or you can just assign any of the 7 customizable keys on the keypad to directly access the Call log app. And then there is the Activity menu. But obviously you didn't do any of that. Apparently it is easier to point out problems instead of just thinking hard and trying to find a solution which was just under our nose. :)

Last edited:

shaunak

Tux Fan
Firstly, If my hardware cant handle an OS then why not use an embedded platform like Sony Ericsson, Motorola, Fly etc?

Secondly,
I knew someone was goind to jump my throat bout my call log complaint :D
@krazzy: My phone came with the call log hidden away in the "My Own" directory, right out of the box.
* I know I could have solved the irritant by assigning shortcuts (or learning the hotkeys) But i was so bugged by the 'though-fullness' of the menu, and lack of 'mass usb' that I wanted to pass the phone on and get another one :p

Quite honestly, if the menu was faster, I wouldnt have held any thing against the phone. It has a lot of plus-es:
* It has solid build quality
* Nokia was thoughtful enough to bundle non in-ear phones. Which is a real plus if you are uncomfortable with the in ear types.
* Bundled earphones are not to shabby, esp for earbud types.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom