my yahoo messenger do not work in xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranga_mama_y2k

Right off the assembly line
:roll: hello,
well i have installed yahoo 5 messenger (older version) if i update and restart my computer. the yahoo messenger 6 does not work in xp operating system. i have all my installed security updates for my xp operating system. but some thing is not working. what to do ???

help please ....... :evil:

with regards,
sundar

Biplav

In the zone
can u plz be more specific.
wat exactly happens when u click the yahoo msgr botton/icon ??
get yahoo messenger6 . i had heard that the outdated versions wont work as was quoted by yahoo.

i have the same problem in my PC when i right click on the messenger messenger Disconnects i had tried all the ways....completly removed Messenger and installed new version....even tried by upgrading nither of them worked....can any one help me out.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
nyone of u using ny firewall???

before u click on connect on the main screen of messenger...click on cancel nd return to the main screen.
go to
messenger>connection preferences
under this u'll see 4 options
1st option that is "no proxies" is selected by default..
choose the seond option that is "firewall with no proxies" ..click on ok nd try to connect ...

if the above step is also not workiong nd u keep on getting disconnected follow the above steps once again .. but this time select the 4th option that says
"no network detection" ...

ohhh just a lil off topic ... "sweet sneha" ... u a guy or a gal ... just a lil curiosity .. hard to finds girls down here .. nd if ur a gal .. then ur most welcum ..!!!

Biplav

In the zone
i thing its a bug in the older version download the latest from the site .
as ur messenger isnt opeining u cant update it.
make sure u uninstall messenger before updating.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
biplav said:
as ur messenger isnt opeining u cant update it.

:?: who said that messenger isn't opening .. ???
frankly speaking ranga_mama_y2k 's post is not that much clear ..
hey ranga do let us know the "EXACT" error message ur getting .. ??

@wizard_with_a_wand ... the solution on my previous post shud help .. check that .. by the way why dont u try ur wand ??? it shud make messenger work .. !!!! :wink: :wink:

Graining_devil ...i tried every thing....i tried prefaces....x...y...z....but problem is not solved....my messanger is working fine if i instal the older version if i upgrade it or reinstall it the problem starts.....

Actually the Problem is :

when i right click on the messanger it closes away....again i have to login to...get connected i hope i am clear in explaining the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom