Hello there,

My system configuration :

HIS VIA chipset motherboard p4m266a with 533MHz FSB with AGP 4X slot,
Intel Pentium 4 @1.9GHz with 400MHz bus speed ,
512MB DDR RAM from Hynix with 266MHz,
XFX GeForce FX 5200 128MB AGP 8X ,
Power supply Mercury 300Watts

Operating System : Windows XP pro Service Pack 2

I had previously Win 98 SE operating system running on my PC with the above configuration.All the games such as half-life 2 were running fine.My entire system was fine .

In order to play doom 3 I had to clean install windows XP .But after the installation of drivers of my XFX card my games did not ran & till date they dont run ; plus my system gives the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) , randomly , anytime.
My entire system goes useless then.

Running DXDIAG from start menu , the DirectDraw and Direct3D tests fail (in both the tests my PC restarts on its own) , thus , I cannot play games or watch movies with the nvidia drivers installed.

All my drivers of hardware is up-to-date and my hardware is fine .Even my technician says that "there are some conflicts with the nvidia drivers" but yet the problem does not disappear.Yes and I also tried installing the latest 812.85 drivers but there problem continues to persist.My power supply and cooling is proper.

CURRENT SITUATION

Currently there are no viruses/trojans in my system .My current OS (I have only one OS and that is Windows XP SP2 pro) I have uninstalled the graphic card drivers and the entire system is working fine (but now my graphic card is useless under windows XP as it runs fine in Win 98SE after the clean installation ) So there seem to be no hardware fault in my XFX card.
but again I can't play games in WinXP although I can watch movies (DirectDraw test runs successfully).

Oh yes and theres nothing wrong with my graphics card , as even today when I install Win 98SE after removing Win XP and install the nvidia drivers all my games run fine .

Someone please help me solve the problem as it has been 4 months now :cry: and I cannot play games anymore ! :cry:

Thanking you in advance.

u shud talk about this to Nvidia.............

go to nvidia support center............

put up ur problem them............

surely they will help to sort out ur problem..........

they had help me lot of times............

try the same thing at MICROSOFT SUPPORT CENTER they will also help u

if then also problem is not solved .................

then i recommend u to change ur BIOS software to latest one.....................

that u can get from ur motherboard manufacturer's site............

thats all i can do to help u sort out ur problem.........

if any prob this is my msngr id.........

dharmeshhtailor@hotmail.com
dharmeshhtailor@yahoo.co.in

OP
the_player

the_player

Broken In
warrior said:
just update the nvidia display drivers. Latest version is released .. 81.98 forceware.

Oh yes ! I forgot to mention :x . I do have the latest nvidia drivers but as far as the BIOS is concerned , there is no update for my motherboard based on VIA chipset , the model no of which is written below :cry: .Also there are no viruses on my system :lol:

HIS VIA P4M266A-8235 (www.maxtone.com)

Yes and I tried to contact nvidia but they don't respond ; the same is true for XFX , microsoft ,maxtone .

Anyone having the BIOS update then please let me know the website.

Thanking all of you. :cry:

JaX

Broken In
If you're getting BSDs, it looks to me like it's a problem with the card itself.
If possible, replace the card with one of the same type/model and see if the problm persists.

Take the card back to where you bought it from, and ask for a replacement.

OP
the_player

the_player

Broken In
JaX said:
If you're getting BSDs, it looks to me like it's a problem with the card itself.
If possible, replace the card with one of the same type/model and see if the problm persists.

Take the card back to where you bought it from, and ask for a replacement.

Hello ,
I installed the latest nvidia drivers and this is what happened :

1> I installed nvidia drivers(latest) .

2>I did the tweaks that you recommended.

3>To verify that the card is working , I ran 'dxdiag' from the start menu of desktop.

4>Under the display tab , I selected test Direct3D and this is what happened :

a>It said that your card will be tested using D3D 7 interfaces ? OK ,The test ran properly.It asked 'Did you see a spinning cube ?' I said Yes. :D

b>Then it said 'your card will be tested using D3D 8 interfaces ? OK , then the cube got hanged for about 10 seconds , after which it asked me 'Did you see a spinning cube ?' I said No . :(

c>Then it said 'your card will be tested using D3D 9 interfaces ?' OK ,then MY PC RESTARTED , ALL ON ITS OWN , thereby indicating that the problem is still existing. :cry:

So I removed the nvidia drivers from my system. :x

What conclusion can be drawn from this test ? :? The test ran properly with D3D 7 interfaces though ! :eek:

I think the drivers are the real culprit . :evil:

OK , this is not the only website where I have posted my problem.Many people tried to help me .One of them has told me that since I am getting Blue Screen Of Death(BSOD) there must be something wrong with my XFX card .

I have one more graphic card which is the nvidia GeForce 2 MX400 64MB with 4X AGP belonging to some other company .I don't have any other machine to test my XFX card on.So , shall I replace the XFX card with the one mentioned above ? No games would run on the abovesaid card though !(You see I am a novice and don't know how to disassemble the card from the mainboard , so I'll have to call my engineer)

I purchased the XFX card on December 2004 , so ,the card is still in the warranty period.The card worked fine until I had Windows XP installed on September 2005 . Will I get a new replaced card , in case ,the card turns out to be faulty ?

Where can I get XFX(www.xfxforce.com) service , here in India ,Mumbai ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom