My Windows gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
I tried installing Yoper. And it installed beautifully and in fact I am beginning to like the distro (except that it has not mounted my Win partitions (come again friend how to do that too !!!!). But the Lilo it used doed notr include Windows. How can I recover that. Earlier once I used Mandrake CD and asked it to recover Windows boot loader, and then I got Win alone. How to get the dual booting Lilo/Grub back?

banned2wise

Broken In
To mount windows partition u must edit fstab. You can search this forum on howto-edit fstab and mount win partitions.
Its present in /etc dir and can be edited with vi or any text editor.

ujjwal

Padawan
First make sure whether the partitions have indeed been lost or whether merely the bootloader is not configured to include windows.

Refer to the other thread for info about mounting windows partitions, and if that is successful, you can set about dual booting windows and linux. If you want more help on that, mention which version of windows you are using, and the partition layout of your hard disks.

OP
A

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
It was only the boot loader perhaps. Windows partitions were accessible, I soon checked with a live Linspire CD before reinstalling Redhat again. But I liked Yoper. It was faster and had a better interface, more like Apple Mac OSX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom