my win2k PRO Unstable - any soln?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sknowonweb

Journeyman
Hello Friends ,
A Very Good evening to all .
I am using win 2000 Pro . for the past few weaks it crashes few times and i re installed several times . But recently It has a new kind of problem .

My sys refuse to startup normally when i switch it first time ( after some 'off' time ) . It will go on till "applying security changes/preferences " " loading profile etc " , and then restarts . After several such attempts it will boot up to Desk top . Then it functions normally .
But the pattern repeats everytime i turn off my computer for some time and then start it..

Whenever it manage to reach the Desktop UP & Running stage , The following files will be notified as Missing or Unable to Load .

They are

kmixer.sys - occasionally
winmgmt - occasionally
internat - everytime

And in one such looped reboot attempt it backed up my user profile files
(but later this same piece of box logged me in with that same Username ).

I am sick of reinstalling it again . Is there any way friends , to Solve this .?

My config is
intel 845 MoBo
256 MB Ram
VGA GeForce FX 5200 (256MB)
2GHz P4 Proccy.

OP
S

sknowonweb

Journeyman
I Solved That . Its infected by a Virii called win32.hllp.sality . One potentially dangerous thing responsible for Unstability in My PC .

spiderman

Broken In
it may be due to some of your hardwares are not system compatible . or your hard drive may be corrupt try to install new versons of win2k discs with some ohter updated versions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom