My Vista ISO has dissapeared. Help me urgent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Hello!
I just completed download the 2.5 GB image of Vista RC1 from Microsoft's website using FlashGet. Then I scanned it using BitDefender's Virus Scanner and no viruses were detected. Then I went to my 'My Downloads' folder and the file had simply vanished. I had just emptied my Recycle Bin too so I can't even tell whether it was deleted. I did not delete it but maybe it got deleted by itself. I know it sounds stupid but I am flabbergasted myself. I did not switch off the computer and I did nothing to the file. It was gone within five minutes of completion of the download. I have made sure it isn't hidden. I have searched my PC for it. I opened FlashGet and tried to access the file from the 'Completed' pane. It gave me an error message: 'File is missing. Browse for it?'
What am I supposed to do? Please help me urgently! I cannot afford to lose such a huge download. :(
Thank you!

magnet

Youngling
search in files and folders....... *.iso ...and select my computer and c whether u can find it......

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
In case you accidentally deleted the Vista ISO file. Try recovering it using 'Data Recovery' software.
You can try these Freeware for Data Recovery

1) *www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/download.htm
2) *www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/system/fwdatarecovery.html
3) *www.freedownloadscenter.com/Search/data_recovery.html

anandk

Distinguished Member
options :
-hope u had not system restored.
-just check up the bitdefender quarantine.
-use windows search for this file, if its not in ur download folder, a copy may still be in ur cache, quite possible. u cud then retrieve it from there.
- use a file recovery application
-last :D download it again

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
try a data recovery s/w, seems to me a case of accidental delete. search my computer thoroughly.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
How to search your computer?!? LOL! I did search 'My Computer' but it is not there and it is NOT a case of accidental delete. I am not such a big fool! Plus, I had just downloaded it and when I opened the folder again after five minutes, it was gone. :(

anandk said:
options :
-hope u had not system restored.
-just check up the bitdefender quarantine.
-use windows search for this file, if its not in ur download folder, a copy may still be in ur cache, quite possible. u cud then retrieve it from there.
- use a file recovery application
-last :D download it again
I have already checked BitDefender's quarantine and I have searched my hard drive thoroughly. There are simply no ISO files on the drive. And it took me two days and nights to download it. I cannot do it again. :(

JGuru said:
In case you accidentally deleted the Vista ISO file. Try recovering it using 'Data Recovery' software.
You can try these Freeware for Data Recovery

1) *www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/download.htm
2) *www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/system/fwdatarecovery.html
3) *www.freedownloadscenter.com/Search/data_recovery.html
Yeah, seems like the ONLY option. Thanks for the help, guys! :)
Any other suggestions are welcome. Are there any good paid recovery software?

EDIT: I have caught the culprit. I just downloaded the first recovery software mentioned by JGuru and when it was completed, I opened my downloads folder. I right clicked on the executable and selected 'BitDefender Antivirus v9' and the scan started. The file was not infected and the software informed me so. When I clicked on 'Done', the file disappeared right in front of my eyes. Stupid bloody software! :x

Last edited:

DukeNukem

Come get Some
may be its like what happen in Mission Impossible

Your downloaded file will be Deleted in
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom