MY VIEWS:SKOAR EXPO

DID U VISITED THE GAMING EXPO AND DID U LIKED IT?

• VISITED BUT DID NOT ENJOYED IT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DID NOT VISITED IT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Hey how many of u have visited the expo in BKC? I did on 1st day. The timing was 10 to 6. I reached there at 11.15 and what :arrow: still nothing was setup, like everything ready and ready to begin....... instead half was being set up. Thats fine but what all it promised was not there....Digit sets so high standards with respect to the magazine but the expo was let down....(hence i avoided it on second day)
1. The overall organization was big let down.
2. CS LAN gaming was also not well organized, u had to stand in line, instead they should had taken names so that people coming could have checked out other things.
3. It is gaming expo and to my surprize there was no graphics cards outlet / shop etc . to check out latest graphic cards and prices. :roll:
4. half the organizers standing at the XBOX etc games did not new its working and everytime a problem occured they used to call others.....man if u r gona stand there u should atleast know the minimal working and troubleshooting....
5. There was no UT04(as promised),civ4, aoe3, painkiller etc games (if i missed them out let me know :lol: ). Even if i missed out laptop gaming counter let me know.....
6. All out dated games like roadrash was given more importance....(i felt like that)
7. DNA was there but to my surprize nothing covered in next days papers.(this also if i have missed out let me know)
8. only one games cd selling counter that also of ea games. No xbox etc selling counters....
9. In cs lan gaming after 2.30pm there was no one there, means people used to sit randomly or the members friend and they were playing, this was till 5pm by that time i left sad and did not even get to play cs on lan :cry:
10. BENQ people were big let down, all were busy taling to someone else, as wanted to know abt the BENQ DVD rw but no one seemed to be interested to help me out.....instead most were chatting out among themselves.......
11. One of the company who was there to adv abt there printers(i guess so) came to set up there counter at 3.30pm :roll:
Only the NFS gaming counter was good which was covered from all side to give theater effect and it rocked.. :wink:
Next time please do take suggestion from the forum members and from digit magazine by asking members to write in for suggestions.
THESE R MY VIEWS >> so no hard feelings . if u visited the place and u think that what was promised fulfilled and have any views please do post in... if u agree with me write in or if u have any other opinion then write in....

vmp_vivek

In the zone
Well, in the beginning, I felt sorry that I was not able to go there. :roll: But, after your review, I seem to be okay that I wasn't there. :twisted: So, hopefully, for the next gaming expo next year (maybe), I will think of going there. :)

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Well, at least we are in the right direction. Awareness regarding all these matters is the key and these expos need to be properly promoted and marketed. But people here still feel that computer gaming is a waste of time and money and they feel it is destroying the future generation and making them more violent. But self control is in one's own control. Well, I can tell you one thing, it is a lot better than say, watching all the muck on television and seeing the state of the society, i.e. the crime and all. I personally prefer to while away the time playing FPS and strategy games, rather than waste money on seeing a movie at a multiplex. The ticket prices at multiplexes are still very high and not to say, the accompanying costs of eating out, etc. I am 27 years old and absolutely love my strategy games and FPS. People (friends and relatives) tell me that I am not mature enough, but that is their opinion. One has his own forms of entertainment.

Coming back to the point, these types of expos should also be organised in Kolkata so that the people here can also be a part of such an endeavor.

vmp_vivek

In the zone
^^ EXACTLY ! :D By the way, average age of people playing video games is NOW 30 years, so don't worry, let the people say that you aren't mature, but we hardcore gamers know that atleast, we are not watching those crappy saans-bahu serials and thus, THEY ARE MORE IMMATURE THAN US. :p :)

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
so less memebers have visited it

So less members have visisted the expo.... :? surprizing ......i tho8 many would had visited it.......so feedback would be good to read ........ :wink:

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
I had gone to PlanetDigit a few years back and came back thoroughly disappointed. Yes, it was a good start, but I thought things would improve. Judging by the posts here, they haven't changed.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
If you want to have a look at the Expo through the eyes of those who actually made it to there, visit SKOAR! Expo 2005 Blog.

If you want to have a look at the pictures from the expo, click here.

All thanks to the members from SKOAR! forums, solid_snake, gryffindor, abhinav and Ethan Hunt. Thanks to enoonmai for starting the blog and the photo bucket account.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Depends upon which angle you look from. Of the ten people I have talked with, seven enjoyed a hell lot, and the rest three had a good time. So I guess it wasn't as bad as many people made it out to be.

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
@ctrl_alt_del
these r my views and any other view is welcomed. I also made to the expo and these views r same as i saw it to be.....if u can say that any point i have put in here is false then please do correct me.......u cannpt say that i have put all these points by just framing them .....these thinks actually r what I have experienced when i visited it.......u know what when i was going back from the expo i gave lift to one one of the event management person(he said that to me :twisted: ) and he said that he had organised many events but the cooperation level and other related matter was not good and he was also tired during just the 1st day of expo.......now i dunno if he was talking the truth but i had to believe him as i had experienced it there.......BTW the photos can be also misleading as snaps represent the truth form the angle they r shot :lol:
MAY BE I HAD EXPECTED MORE OF DIGIT AnD SKOAR PEOPLE>>>AND HENCE CAME BACK DISAPPOINTED :(

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
ctrl_atl_del wrote:
Depends upon which angle you look from. Of the ten people I have talked with, seven enjoyed a hell lot, and the rest three had a good time. So I guess it wasn't as bad as many people made it out to be.
Yup absolutely agreed buddy.. :) coz see guys this GAMING EXPO is jus in its preliminary stage.. so any predictions will jus be a rudimentary affair..It will be good to criticise the FAIR only after 2-3 attempts...As far as my point of view on the fair is concerned.. i visited it on the 24th Dec, and the atmosphere was packed (not JAM PACKED) with college guys and sum adults too and though it was sad to see games like ROAD RASH being displayed on many of the stalls but the good thing was FIFA 2k6 was displayed along with the BENQ stall wich displayed the NFS MW (Most wanted) on a good 21 Inches LCD screen on wich the ppl had to compete against the AI (Computer controlled cars) and if u won.. u would receive a CD.. :) Also the Console gaming stall was a good one too..

The other good thing was tat NFS MW was being displayed on a big screen (with a projector) in a stall (sorry cant remember the stall name) but atleast there were goodies like bags and CDs being given to the candidates (gamers).I myself won a CD by winning the NFS MW game :wink:

So overall the start was a good and promising one and as i would like to put it in one sentence WITH EXPERIENCE COMES POPULARITY so as this gaming expo will be organised in the coming years..it will get better with experience and gain popularity and ofcourse with many SPONSERS to look forward too.. :wink:

Yep i agree with ppl here that there shud hv been a Graphics card stall including other PC peripherals along with a slightly bigger DIGIT team stall.. :)

Come guys.... praise the Digit team for atleast bringing up this ONE OF A KIND gaming expo wich till now we were watching only on GAMER TV and other channels.. :) :)

So atlast Well done to the DIGIT TEAM for bringing up this kind of thing....Cheers !!!! :D :D :D

Cheers n e-peace..........

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
ashu888ashu888 said:
ctrl_atl_del wrote:
Come guys.... praise the Digit team for atleast bringing up this ONE OF A KIND gaming expo wich till now we were watching only on GAMER TV and other channels.. :) :)

So atlast Well done to the DIGIT TEAM for bringing up this kind of thing....Cheers !!!! :D :D :D

hey i understand that......and this reveiw was not to hamper there spirits or anything in badwill........its just that everyone need critics to improve.....if shortcoming r pointed in advance the next expo will be a better one.......don't u agree on this :?: :lol: :wink:

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Dont worry wizrulz, any post here that says that the expo was great isin't neccessarily questioning your views. We all respect each others view. You have the right to make an observation and we all respect that. :)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I didn't go there , but wanted to go .
It will take time to reach the level of a good gaming expo, every thing takes time , the good part is that such things have started in Indian gaming scene.

hope the next time its better , and even better in the yr following that. ;)

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
What are the plans of Digit to organise a gaming expo in the city of joy, Kolkata? The gaming clan here is not insignificant...;)

The only reason I could not go to the expo was that it wasn't organised in my city.;). If you guys plan it here, I will be the first one to go there everyday..;).

crusader77

Broken In
It is gaming expo and to my surprize there was no graphics cards outlet / shop etc . to check out latest graphic cards and prices.
half the organizers standing at the XBOX etc games did not new its working..

I agree .. I thought that they will be showing the latest graphics cards and technologies like SLI ...and in UT2k4 there should have been more than one map! ..... And why were there Road Rash stalls ???!!

Overall the expo was ok ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom