My system doesnot perfom SCANDISK

Status
Not open for further replies.

pradisdeep

Broken In
i have a xp professional in my system, if i directly switch off my system then during booting up it doesnot perform scan disk wat shld i doo.

PLZ HELP ME OUT

regards
pradeep

M

Mini Me

Why do you wnat to directly switch off your system directly, seriously?

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Seems that u hv disabled Automatic Scandisk at boottime.

U can try this!

Open regedit and nevigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager

In right-side pane, look for a key, named BootExecute and double-click on it and delete the whole Value Data, if present! i.e., set its value blank!

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
hey, i experienced the same problem...no, i did not switch my comp off directly...the case is that my U.P.S is not functioning and my computer just switches off upon power failure.

i have followed your advice Vishal Gupta but its looking a little risky to me....you sure it will work?

another reason for my computer shutting off is frequent blue screens...

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
the method is not working....just now, the lights went out and my computer shut off...upon starting it, no SCANDISK came....by the way, after adopting your method, my computer started showing a dialog on startup that the registry was corrupt and it had to be recovered from a log or alternate copy.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I also dont get any scan disk after power failure or direct reset. I have 5 partitions, three NTFS (including C:) and two FAT32. i have noticed that only if there is any activity( opening a file etc) going on when the power fails only then does scandisk automatically start and that to only in the FAT32 partition. Strange :shock:

Charan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom