My SmartAX MT882 Router cannot be detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
I have Silan SC92031 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter installed to my computer. I purchased BSNL 250 HOME Plan and they gave me SmartAX MT882 Router, which I connect to Ethernet Adapter installed on back of my computer through the provided cable & powered on my router. I installed drivers of Silan SC92031 and SmartAX MT882. But the problem is that, my router is'nt detected. What can be the problem?

Further I want to tell that, I have all the USB ports(4) in used by Bluetooth, Printer, MMC Reader, Scanner. I connected my SmartAX MT882 to USB and it got detected (with Local Area connection connected at 10.0 Mbps), but the biggest problem is that I have to pull out a Scanner or other cable out from USB to free an USB Port. I want SmartAX MT882 router to be connected to my Silan PCI Ehernet Adapter/Port.

mod-the-pc

Back to School Mr. Bean !
emailaatif786 said:
SmartAX MT882 Router, which I connect to Ethernet Adapter installed on back of my computer through the provided cable & powered on my router. I installed drivers of Silan SC92031 and SmartAX MT882. But the problem is that, my router is'nt detected. What can be the problem?
Ethernet adapters don't "detect" the connected devices. they just find the availability (or unavailability) of a network connection.
So does your ethernet connection say that the cable is unplugged even after connecting the router?
Try changing your local area netwok connection to use DHCP and enable DHCP server in the router

Last edited:

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
And u donot need to install drivers for the modem only u need to install driver for ur network card. If it is not installed

OP
emailaatif786

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
Thankyou all.

Thankyou all for answering.
But, I found the answer.
My Silan NIC was'nt compitable with SmartAX MT882.
I purchased a new one, from Realtek RTL FEC, connected it with straight cable to my SmartAX router, and got always connected line with no driver installation and no PPOe Dial requirment.
From,
Aatif.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom