my samsung cdrw sukks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravidawar

Broken In
hi guys
i m gettin a problem in my cd rw while burning cds.
it gives a power calliberation error after writing abt 5%.
its been 1 year i purchased this writer.
can anybdy help me plz.
i tried the following things
i now use a 350 w smps
i changed my data cable
but to no help
plzzzzzzz help :roll: :roll:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
I can be a software glitch too. Wich burning software are u using ?? If ur using NERO 6, then try to find out the the capacity at wich it can write the CD at the MAX or else try to burn ur Cds at a lower rate like 10-X and slowly increase ur speed so as to find out a suitable writing speed for ur Cds (b4 they get damaged by writing them at higher speeds). Also wat is the writing speed tat ur CD-RW Drive supports ???

Also use branded Cds for ur writing purposes like Moser Baer. Post ur results to help u more.. :)

Chers n e-peace....

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
If its SW-252F then write @ speeds of 16x or lower and it will work fine I also have a samsung cd-rw. I also get power calibration error if I try to write @ higher speed.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
wat is the model number of ur writer??download the latest firmware from samsungindia.com and try again.

phatratt

In the zone
power calibration error happens due to bad,damaged media even if they are scratch less.This error occurs even while erasing.Infact it happened with my brand new Moser-baer cdrw.It just refuses to write or erase.

samanvya_ad

Broken In
Samsung optical drives suck.
I had a dvd combo of samcung it worked fine for 2 months n then tray started to give me problems. ppl at workshop said that this is due to rear n tear n that doesn't come under warranty....then slowly it gave up even reading drives ....so in 1 1/2 years my drive was dead.......while my LG cd writer which i bought when prices of Cd writers were 7000 bucks still works fine......
Then i got a samsung Dvd Rom as a gift from my friend. It reads the media but it again has the tray problem...n sometimes it completely refuses to detect win XP Cd which is an original one.....
Samsung Sucks

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
for CDRW , there is a common saying:
If its samsung , its gonna suck.
I mean buy another CDRW from a brand like liteon , sony , LG , Asus.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
The components and read/write lens on the Samsung drives are actually quite good, but most Samsung drives have a poor magnetics unit which, in time, cause problems to arise with the tray and sometimes the inner components too.

I too had a Samsung Combo (it was my 2nd Samsung Combo), conked out with Power Calibration errors on all media. Gave it for service, and it came back, and this time it worked, but only on Maxell media. CD Reads had no problem. So I threw it away and got myself an LG which works far better.

andysmith45

Broken In
I too had a sumsung CD-writer and after 1 1/2 yrs started giving power calibration error. Gave it for servicing and they charged half the price of a new CD-writer. Still, the succesful burn percentage was only 80%. After 6 months, it conked out and this time I got an LG combo. Hasn't had any problems yet.

I dint get any such power calibration errors so far, but the tray of my CD writer occassionally gets stuck. I think Optical products from Sony are far better than others.

OP
ravidawar

ravidawar

Broken In
thanx for sharing ur views guys. you all are great.
nyway have a 52-32-52 samsung writer.
but now i know that its dead.
nothin will work.
samsung really succks.
hey i want to buy a DVD writer now plz suggest me which one should i buy guys. :?: :?: :?: :?:

deepnitr

Right off the assembly line
You can see my sorrowful story in a new post. My dvd combo tray refuses to stay closed. Any help appreciated.

vamsee

Broken In
i have 4 frnds having samsung writers at different locations at different times. all of them open and close whenver they want even during they write.
there is no solution for this dump it if > 1yr. go for sony dvd writer

::cyborg::

In the zone
ravidawar said:
hi guys
i m gettin a problem in my cd rw while burning cds.
it gives a power calliberation error after writing abt 5%.
its been 1 year i purchased this writer.
can anybdy help me plz.
i tried the following things
i now use a 350 w smps
i changed my data cable
but to no help
plzzzzzzz help :roll: :roll:

ravi dude same problem i was having i did one thing i installed nero5.5
and started using high quality media like i use sony and now the problem is solved well if u have samsung 40-12-40 than u r also my bro and u said ine thing which i really like "SAMSUNG SUCKS"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom