My Review on Onimusha Dawn of Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first ever Review i'm writing on any game, and my first review here also, so tell me how i've done please, coz there r plenty of games(60+) i've played and i want to write a review on them, keep ur suggestions for me comming people, Thanks.
Guy's i was just playing Onimusha Dawn Of Dreams, i've played Onimusha 3 Demon Seige, i find these games truly amazing, this new unstallment is really worth it, Dawn of Dreams is a good installment in the series. does anyone have a idea whether Onimusha will have next installment or is Dawn Of Dreams the Last Onimusha game.
Here's my review.
You take control of a young warrior named Soki, he's from Japan and his Father(fake) Hideyoshi wants to control over the world, in order to do this he creates a lot of Genma Trees, and a Genma Mother Trees. when u r on your journey u will also visit some stages of previous installment(3-Demon Seige).
Onimusha : Dawn Of Dreams begins approx. 15 years following the annihiliation of Japanese warlord Oda Nobunaga at Honno Temple. however another Dark Shadow curses the land of Japan and Nobuaga's successor, Hideyoshi Toyotomi, decides himself to align with the Evil Genma forces. Soki with his other mates(which meets him later in the story) try and thwart Hideyosi's pursuit for power.

The game is very much detailed in grahic's and has expansive enviroments. During the story u will also get to play Co-op. with either a comp. controlled ally or if u have a second player u both can hack and slash through the story. For a comp. controlled ally. u can issue command such as [D-pad down] wait( recovers the lost health),[D-pad right] attack on follow(will follow u and attack any enemies that come in path),[D-pad up] all-out(goes fragging streak) or [D-pad left] absorb souls(this command varies from each character). when u r on Lvl. 3(upgrade) and when u do the Lvl. 3 Oni Magic u will have the option to go Co-op. if u have an comp. controlled ally. During ur hacking and slashing u can maintain a chain of combos. During story mode u can add or remove ally of ur choice at the enchated mirror, this is a nice addition to the game.

There are plenty of weaponery in this game and they all can b upgraded. U can also upgrade ur skills which unlock new moves for ur character.

My Fav. move in this game would be Chain, you press triangle button till ur sword is surrounded by grren aura(utilises Oni magic) and the hit the enemy with square, that will take u to the Chain move(the enemy u hit must be alive to get his move initiated, i recommend to use this move on BIG enemies usually heavy armored becoz they'll never die at one hit so u don't have to waste Oni Magic for that move again if the 1st attempt failed) now just keep pressing Square, this will transport u to the enemies and hit them with the equipped Sword, upgrade ur Chain Skill to max. ASAP this will def. help u in future levels.NOTE - The Oni Cutter sword cannot use Oni magic so if u want 2 initiate this move then stun ur enemy(kick ur enemy when he's blocking) and quickly do a slash(sqaure button).

This game is awesome if u want to play a slashing type of a game, if u have have a PS2 then i recommend to have this game on ur playing list.

My Rating's : 9.0/10

what do u guy's say?

shellgame

Broken In
Dont torture us with ur long boring reviews. my advice to u, never ever try to write reviews about ne games in future. play the game, enjoy it & thats it.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
shellgame said:
Dont torture us with ur long boring reviews. my advice to u, never ever try to write reviews about ne games in future. play the game, enjoy it & thats it.

If u cant do something better than others..then atleast do have some respect for others work...

darth_gamer

Broken In
The ugly thing about this game is that it requires shader version 2.0 graphic card, I don't know why. The game is port of a PS2 version and PS2 hardware does not have shader version 2.0, then why the PC version needs it. It's also a bad port as it was extremely choppy and unplayable on a FX5200 even on minimum settings, FX5200 is not a good card but not that bad, worth to play a game like onimusha. :(
I had played the previous installments of onimusha on PS2 , nice game overall but not many will like it because of it's hack/slash gameplay.

OP
P

pushprajpradhan

Broken In
dude, i seriously mean it, play this game or just watch any preview of this game, agreed that it's previous installments were not lived up to it's hype, even i thought why should i buy this game if the previous installment was a lil' bit boring, but when i played it it was awesome - for darth_gamer.
Onimusha Dawn Of Dreams has not been released on PC yet - for stalker
get a life dude, can you even wirte half as i have written, do a first hand review for yourself and you'll know whats it is like to review a game, i'm not a pro. at this or something i have just started, and i guess i'm doing well, you can't even write a line of review yourself so shut up. - for shellgame
and for rest of the guys Thank you for reading this.
i'll put a GIF of my fav. move Chain ASAP.
EDIT: ok here it is, Move = Chain., performed by me.
*img144.imageshack.us/img144/4516/onimusha1ou4.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom