My pc - Must See (bandwidth warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
That day opened the pc for some troubleshooting.
Here are a couple of pics of the same.
This is my pc.
Beware of the dust & outdated components. :))

See my monstrous graphics card i.e Via Unichrome pro IGP capable of crushing quad 8800 ultra's.The most compatible graphics card for linux :)

See the network of cables running.You will be reminded of some cool flyovers.

Don't forget to peer at the Gigacore CPU i.e P4 @ 2.0GHZ ,i can do multitasking at a breeze.Finally check out the liquid cooling,2TB ram etc. :rolleyes:

Enjoy the pics & drool. :))

*img219.imageshack.us/img219/3842/insidethecabinetwd2.jpg

*img219.imageshack.us/img219/5243/cleaningiv3.jpg

Sorry for the bandwith hungry thread. :)

Xmen360

Broken In
Yeah... he just joking around ... come on guys ... do you see any water pipes coming out from his system ?? NO .... So NO water cooling ! Besides ..the graphics card he is talking about is a ONBOARD solution .. Its an OLD DABBA :-D Good post at topic .... :)

@ ^^^^ Seems to be the same Mobo which I am having :p ..
is it MSI P4 800 MV (Via Chipset)....I got this board after my Intel 865GBF got screwed last year.

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
It's MSI PM8M - V motherboard.
It has P4M800 graphics chip.
Has worst linux support.

It's MSI PM8M - V motherboard.
It has P4M800 graphics chip.
Has worst linux support.
Seems like we have quite a few ppl having this one..
By the way I think its a decent board.
After my 865GBF got screwed in Nov 2006, I didnt know whether I was going to get a board which supports 478 socket processor, has an AGP slot for my legendary :D Gforce 4 card ,and can also support SATA as well Pata disks, as I have one of each type..
When I got this I was a bit unsure how Via chip will perform...bt it didnt disappoint me.

and as far as Linux is concerned, I have used Suse 10.1 on this board for a long time, didnt face any prob. Sound drivers auto detected. and AGP card can also be used..its far far better than Asrock, Mercury or Gigabyte boards on which u cant install Linux with graphics card installed. U have to remove AGP card and use the on board to install Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom