My PC is freezing frequently...help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edburg

In the zone
I had replaced my motherborad(zebronics 845GV),RAM recently bcos of some failures....

but ever since i did that my system is freezing freqently......restarting is the only option then...

when i run torrents or normal browsing it stays alive for a few hours.....when i switch on the songs or even flash intensive websites or anything which even requires a little work,the system hangs....

help me in this please...i think harware problem is the cause as i have instlled several windows too....

Things which i have tried :
1) there is no temp checiking in my crap mobo
2)Ran memeory test and orthos which seems fine until system freezes as usual

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
You need to re-install your windows.
Because
your current windows reads old motherboard..but now you have different motherboard.

OP
Edburg

Edburg

In the zone
ravi_9793 said:
You need to re-install your windows.
Because
your current windows reads old motherboard..but now you have different motherboard.

i have already done that...infact that was the first thing i did after changign mobo....i tried formatting whole harddisk and then installed windows too...

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Edburg said:
i have already done that...infact that was the first thing i did after changign mobo....i tried formatting whole harddisk and then installed windows too...
Than , as you said..problem started after upgrading motherboard and RAM.......so, 90% change is hardware issue.Try your system with old motherboard and RAM.

sashijoseph

In the zone
Remove all extraneous stuff like pci cards etc.Update all drivers,esp sound and graphics.Borrow a friend's smps.Immediately after freezing,restart,get into the bios and note the cpu temp.When reinstalling the cpu did you apply thermal paste?
Hope one of the above clicks for you.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
There are many reason of PC freezing...but your case looks like hardware compatibility.So, better take to vendor..and get it fine.

OP
Edburg

Edburg

In the zone
Guys i tested orthos for my CPU for about 2 hours and it ran stable and then i stopped it....

then i ran memory test which was in the live linux CD....it also ran fine...

so i think the heat/temp isssue in pro and prob in RAM is not there....

@ravi the prob with goin to vendor is that the system freezes only some time......when i go to vendor the sys may not freeze at all.....

and sound drivers are not at all installed......updated video driver....crappy zebronics dont have any support at all for thier mobo...how can i update the bios ?

so prob must be with bios/mobo,hard disk or smps....how can i test these like the ram and cpu without having to replace them with another one ??

OP
Edburg

Edburg

In the zone
ax3 said:
did u scandisk [4 bad sectors] & defrag ur C drive ........

check 4 bad sectors ......

yeah i checked them....no bad ones.....defragmentting now...:D

@ax3...sorry for the other one....that one had different probs than this.....after changing those i had other probs...so started a new thread for these new problems..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom