My PC Hangs or Re-start frequently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajibchakma

Right off the assembly line
My PCs config is a Croe 2 Duo 6300 (1.86ghz) Combined with a Asus P5LD2-VM SE Mother board, 2 GB of DDR 2 RAM from Zion, a Asus 6200 TC GPU, 2x250 GB HDD, a Creative Sound Blaster 5.1. The problem with the Machine is that it hangs or re-starts authomatically whenever I run graphic extensive applications like Photoshop CS2 or Avid Liquid, This problem was there since the time I bought the machine 3 months ago. The Vendor says its the GPU over heating, ok, I changed the GPU, still there is no sing of any improvement, I noticed that the GPU temperature doesnot go beyond 68%, mother Board Temperature maximum at 33 to 44% and the CPU 34 to 45, whereas my other PC which has the Pentium D 3.4ghz with Asus P5LD2-VM Mother Board runs hotter twice than the Core 2 Duo with the CPU at 68% in full power still it doesnot behave like that. Where is the problem??? The CPU or Mother Board??? If I remove the Graphic Card the problem still remains.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
I think it is the RAM problem. Remove RAM, clean the slots and insert again. If problem persists, try changing RAM.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
It can be other hardware connections also. Once i had the same problem, a few years back. I had sent the PC to my local engineer.

He said the problem was due to a loose connection in the mother board.

Check all the Add Ons to your Mother Board -

Ram
CPU
Lan Cards everything.

vivek404

Broken In
whats ur SMPS (make & wattage)? could it be that ur PSU is not capable enough to power a C2D+other components?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom