My new Rig!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

capri435

Broken In
Hi,everyone.was a bit busy so couldnt post.My new system is ready.Heres the final configuration.

AMD X2 4200+
ASUS A8NE

Transcend TS128MLD64V4J 1gbX2 RAM @ 200 MHz 3.0-3-3-8 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)

Seagate ST3250824AS 250Gb Sata II HDD
SONY DVD RW DW-G120A
Gainward Powerpack ultra 6200 TurboCache 128MB(Plus 128 Shared)
Atrix Server Cabinet with 450W power supply

The cabinet is very cool with display for time,date,Temperatures for cpu,hdd,Gpu.Rpm of cpu fan and chasis fan.I'll soon post the pics of the system also.

But strangely am not experiencing performance as expected from such a high end system.Am mainly using the system for 3Ds Max right now.and it seems slow.Myfriends system with AMD 3200+ and 1GB ram,nVidia 6200 card is performing better.I dont know why.The rendering of files is slow aswell as the viewport is also abit slow.While rendering i checked the system ram usage and 1.3 gb was still free but still the rendering was so slow.
At present i can just show u the bencmark results of Everest Ultimate edition 2006.A lot softwares like bitlord,windowblinds,norton,spyware doctor were running during the bencmarks.These are just an indication my comps performance so that u can get a basic idea and see if anything MAJOr is wrong.I'll soon try to post some detail benchmarks of sandra and 3d mark etc.
Here r the everest results.

EVEREST Ultimate Edition 2006 © 2003-2006 Lavalys, Inc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version EVEREST v2.80.568 Beta
Benchmark Module 2.0.139.0
Homepage *www.lavalys.com/
Report Type Report Wizard
Computer GROWEL-8827ADA2 (MSSERVER)
Generator Guri
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 (WinXP Retail)
Date 2006-05-22
Time 18:32

Summary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
Computer Type ACPI Multiprocessor PC
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.2180 (IE 6.0 SP2)
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name GROWEL-8827ADA2 (MSSERVER)
User Name Guri
Logon Domain GROWEL-8827ADA2
Date / Time 2006-05-22 / 18:32

Motherboard:
CPU Type DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2216 MHz (11 x 201) 4200+
Motherboard Name Asus A8N-E (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x4, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce4 Ultra, AMD Hammer
System Memory 2048 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Award (11/25/05)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 6200 TurboCache(TM) (256 MB)
3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce 6200 TurboCache
Monitor Samsung SyncMaster 793S/793V/MagicSyncMaster CM173G [17" CRT] (HHAXC36142)

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter Realtek ALC850 @ nVIDIA nForce4 - Audio Codec Interface

Storage:
IDE Controller NVIDIA nForce4 Parallel ATA Controller
IDE Controller NVIDIA nForce4 Serial ATA Controller
IDE Controller NVIDIA nForce4 Serial ATA Controller
Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive ST3250824AS (250 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)
Optical Drive SONY DVD RW DW-G120A
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:
C: (NTFS) 29996 MB (20239 MB free)
D: (NTFS) 20002 MB (16356 MB free)
E: (NTFS) 14998 MB (14933 MB free)
F: (NTFS) 63671 MB (13845 MB free)
G: (NTFS) 49795 MB (22849 MB free)
H: (NTFS) 20002 MB (14761 MB free)
I: (NTFS) 40005 MB (12824 MB free)
Total Size 232.9 GB (113.1 GB free)

Athlon64 X2 4200+ 2217 MHz Asus A8N-E nForce4-Ultra Dual DDR403 3-3-3-8 CR2
Memory Read
5822 MB/s

Memory Write
3922 MB/s

Memory Copy
4279 MB/s

Memory Latency
66.2 ns

CPU Queen

CPU PhotoWorxx

CPU ZLib
25906 kb\s

FPU Julia

FPU Mandel

FPU SinJulia

And please suggest what could be the problem.
Thanx

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Yep remove NAV coz its a system hog.
Do u have any other background services?
If yes then remove the unwanted ones.
U have a cool machine,send us the pics,<>~!

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Very poor memory benches especially memory write. I'm getting 5138 MB/s compared to your 3922 MB/s with the same RAM running at the same timings. On the other hand your FPU performance is really good. So I'm inclined to blame your RAM for the lack of performance. Since you were running other programs during benchmarking, some program is really stressing your RAM most likely due to a memory leak or something. Shut all programs and run Everest again.
What kind of CPU and motherboard temps are you getting?

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
drvarunmehta said:
Very poor memory benches especially memory write. I'm getting 5138 MB/s compared to your 3922 MB/s with the same RAM running at the same timings. On the other hand your FPU performance is really good. So I'm inclined to blame your RAM for the lack of performance. Since you were running other programs during benchmarking, some program is really stressing your RAM most likely due to a memory leak or something. Shut all programs and run Everest again.
What kind of CPU and motherboard temps are you getting?

I too got over 6200MB/s in memory benchmarks with my o/ced 3000+ and 1GB ram in dual channel. So just one question, does the owner of this awesome machine has placed the RAM in dual channel, i.e. the two sticks in slots of the same colour? The benchmark scores should be higher then.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
@digitised: Your CAS latency is 2.5 to his 3, not to mention he's running at CR2 and you are running it at CR1. So you can't compare.

sagar_coolx

Journeyman
i have athlon 64 3200+ on a8n-e and 2*512mb transcend ddr400.@2.5-3-3-8 cr2
my scores are:
3856mb/sec in mem read
1648mb/sec in mem write
34 ns in mem latency.
how can they be so low?

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Your memory latency score is amazing, but the read and write scores are really low. Check if you have installed your RAM chips in the right slots for dual channel mode. If you have then use another benchmarking software like Sandra to confirm your scores.

G

gxsaurav

check weather the RAM is working in dual channel mode or not

6200 turbocache cards, uses system memory for their working, 3D Max viewport depends on the graphics card RAM quantity, & also your scene, check if u r using transparency materials in the viewport (enabled display of ray trace materials). Also when working in 3D Max, try to keep the polygon count to minimum

do not uninstall NAV, it's not that bad, sure it’s a memory Hog & eats 24 MB RAM, but when u don't need it, simply disable it, specially doing things like 3D Max

1) open task manager, kill ccapp.exe

2) Start->Run, services.msc, here disable these services

NAV auto protect service
Symantec Settings manager
Symantec event manager
Symantec Core LC

to enable NAV back, simply do the reverse of what’s written above

Rendering is always slow, try rendering the same file on your friends computer, if it renders in low time, then something is wrong, in that case, check if Cool & Quite is enabled in BIOS or not

The long list of background application is also a reason while rendering do light tasks, spyware doctor, I guess was scanning? Also, disable DEP in Windows XP SP2

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
6200TC is not that great a card u see ... set the render more to OpenGL .. and make sure u disable any shared memory with the VGA .. i mean if its a 128 MB card .. keep it at 128 MB ..

zuala77

Broken In
hi

Hey there....i have just upgraded from 3ghz 1 gb of ram to AMD 4200+ cpu..with K8neo4 Platinum...Nvidia 4 ultra chipset....with 512X2 Kingston Ram..... and....the Difference is Huge ....this rig is a great performer in Games....Photo rendering.... media Encoding u name it... and it runs cool..cooler than intel...i think that it is Ur ram......or ur MOBO...just try overclocking...coz..i am running @ 2.6GHZ with just One Extra fan...in place..... and i game For hours stable...try using Memtest.....see ur mobo.....if u read it carefully...u will see DIMM 1 And Dimm 2...so insert ur ram accordingly.... try running at 1T memory...or if u are not putting Extra Fan...just increase ur FSB to 219 MHZ...it will be stable.....i have run prime 95 at both Cores @2.6ghz for 2 days straight....not overheating or going over 50c.....it should idle at around 29c 32c...and at load 47 to 48 max.....i suggest u just try reinstally... and...tweak ur windows....just google it .
And abou NAV..i use to use NAV 2005..before...but it takes a little time to load...other than that....its nothing to be concerned abou....but me i am using MACAFFE antivirus..9...its free just odwnload it and register....... and also i am using the same Graphics card as u do....so my machine is great.....maybe u have to do a little setting up....other than that it will run great..and OC

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
I hate to repeat myself but cant resist right now. Zuala how much you paid for that rig of yours.

zuala77

Broken In
hi

....well....i paid rs 23500 for the cpu...and 10000 for the mobo......and psu 6000....plus ram hyperx 512x2 7000...... case 5000 without PSU lanboy.....i ordered..this DFI mobo....but after ocing i prefer....Neo 4 paltinum.......although rs 2000 difference......besides...i use to use 512X4 but as i did not notice any difference...i removed the two rams...cos i wanted to save power......i already have a philips 170s tft....with wireless Microsoft combo...man i have spent lots...but as i wanted to save money....and i am not that..much a gamer....i went for a low graphics card...but its ok...it seems to be performing very well......i am using a water cooler from AQUATEC man...i ordered....from a shop....here in Aizawl..as i am not fond of using credit card online...i paid 17000 for the fullset..... and now i am presently running at 2.9 ghz...34 idle at 51 max load...... including all my monitors and extra Dfi mobo plus keyboar,printer....modem....i have spend more than a lakh......

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Dude you must have really deep pockets. Wish I could afford a similar rig right now. My proposed rig has same features except for the RAM & GFX. Moreover I wont opt for liquid cooling so that should shave off quiet a bit. No monitor for me either. Tell me what is the PSU that you have. You have done a good job OCing it to 3 GHz. Any gamer would drool at the rig that you have. Combine it with 2x7800** in SLi or 2xX1900** in Cross-fire mode and it would be a super-killer.

Last edited:

zuala77

Broken In
i am using Antec TrueControl II 550 Watt ATX12v v2.0 PSU with dual 12 v rails........my dealer says this is the best he can get......maybe its true i dont know.......
I dont think so i need to prove myself...by showing pics...... if u want u believe it or else dont...its not my problem .This is the best that is available to me right now...in terms of availability.......in terms of crossfire....i am definetily sticking with Nvidia SLI

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
No one is doubting your claims. We (at least me) want the pics just to see and marvel at your super monster of a PC. I, for one, want to see how cool the cabinet looks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom