My Laptop ... Bugging me

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumeet singh

Broken In
Hi Guys,
Recently got Airtel Broadband (256 kbps unlimited).. Good speed BB.. everything
working fine...:p

Kahani mein Twist: > :mad: My laptop (Compaq M2000 - 256 RAM, Windows XP) suddenly
became verrry slow.. I've installed AVG in my lappy.. and when the system starts up get an error regarding some antivirus file not found and until I done click OKAY on that error, my start up items wont load.. and when they load thay take not less than 05-08 minutes.. :x

Clicking on mozilla and thought of checking how much time it takes just for browser to come on the screen and after about 5 minutes lost patience... :D

Now its either any Trojan or Virus that has hit my computer or is it something else?

And is AVG enough to fight Trojan, Spyware, worms, etc, etc .... :confused:

Any suggestions... :rolleyes:

Kind Regards,
Sumeet

afonofa

Journeyman
Download HijackThis and scan with it. Save the scan log and post it here. The scan log will be very helpful to determine if your laptop has taken a malware hit.

If you installed AVG AntiSpyware then its not enough to protect your comp. Even if you installed AVG Antivirus, my opinion is its not enough to protect your comp because you will atleast need a personal firewall to go with it. You will get a lot of opinions about antivirus software here! :D

The message about the missing antivirus file could be anything from AVG Antivirus's file getting deleted to something like Antivirus2009's file being deleted by AVG. (antivirus2009 is malware pretending to be an antivirus).

Anyway a HijackThis log will be very helpful.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Sumeet

yeah, post your HijackThis log here. :)

BTW Get Kaspersky. Its very light on resources as compared to AVG and also has better scanning capabilities. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom