My HDD W.D. that had a paralytic attack !

Status
Not open for further replies.

prashantmaxsteel

I ain't Parochial !
Hi there, recently I had bought WD 3200AAJS (320Gb SATA HDD) from Dubai.
Since I dont have SATA ports on my MOBO, I got a SATA PCI adapter (VIA VT6421 Raid controller) from Lamington Road, Mumbai for the time-being till i buy a new MOBO.

Few days back, my secondary hard disk(WD3200AAJS) had I/O error and much of the data on that got corrupted. Starting the windows took ages and opening any file on the drive took lots and lots of time. Finally i backed possible files and formatted the drive when all possibilities like chkdsk and all failed to alleviate my misery.

Now till a day back everything was working fine. suddenly today playing media files on that drive has become a problem. copying files from that drive to others shows the I/O error. though it hasnt started affecting my windows, I dont want to undergo the past experience.

What could be wrong ? Is this specific drive known for such bugs? Which is the best free software to recover media and audio files ?

monkey

Padawan
Download Western Digital Lifeguard Tools from *support.wdc.com/download/index.asp?swid=1

Run this tool and see the error message you get. In case you have not reistered your drive and do not carry a valid bill then you may have to kiss your HDD good-bye.

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
I got a SATA PCI adapter (VIA VT6421 Raid controller) from Lamington Road, Mumbai for the time-being till i buy a new MOBO.

i dont like that part...and it may be the culprit here...
get your hard disk on your friends PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom