My HDD stops detecting in running computer HELP !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NagpurDaMunda

In the zone
MY HDD is 100% good ... but my computer gets freeze up after some time and when i restart in CMOS setup i see no HDD found ... again i have to pull out the power cable n bus n connect again to start my pc ...

Well i was trying to upgrade/update my BIOS thinking that my mobo might have some problem ... but again one problem is i not knowing my mobo whether it is i845 or i845G or i845E ...etc

pls someone help....

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Possibly a case of loose power/data cable/connection. A computer will freeze if you unplug the hdd power or data cable. Or your power supply could be inadequate.
If you are not sure of your mobo model, download cpu-z (*www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php) and use your new found kowledge to flash with the right bios.

thadhanihemant

Journeyman
well i had faced similar prob. in the past
i had just replaced the old data cable with the new one...and everything working fine from about 1 year.......

susk21

Broken In
Well,
check if you have corrcet data cable.For CD and DVD writer,we have differnt data cable and for HDD is differnt.The cable for HDD is more finer than the cable for CD-DVD ROM.If you are using that for HDD then you can get such prob!!

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
susk21 said:
Well,
check if you have corrcet data cable.For CD and DVD writer,we have differnt data cable and for HDD is differnt.The cable for HDD is more finer than the cable for CD-DVD ROM.If you are using that for HDD then you can get such prob!!

can u pls explain this??????? :shock: :shock:
i have never seen fine and course cables till date...
and what if iam attaching hard disk as primary and CD Rom as secondry on the same cable??? :wink:

legolas

Padawan
hehe yeah it seems crappy suski21... i think what u meant is 40 and 80 pin cable... u can use 80 pin cable for both even.. its better and supposed to give better transfers when used...

/legolas

OP
N

NagpurDaMunda

In the zone
ok ok guys

guys thanks for ur help ... i changed my both cable (offcourse with thin fine new ones).. also flashed my BIOS ...... my problem is solved ..
Main culprit wAS Damn SMPS . i changed it ... all working fine now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom