Broken In
Hi friends

My specs are
Proc: E7200
Mobo: Abit IP35P
Ram: 1GB kingston 800Mhz
GPU: 8600GT UDF7
PSU: CM 390W extreme
Cooling: Stock intel cooling with local thermal paste.

I have OC'ed E7200 to 3GHz
This is the screenshot.

*img525.imageshack.us/img525/2197/firstocfs7.th.jpg

Plz tell me if voltages are fine? Temps are fine? everythings fine?

All i did was to change the FSB to 316 from 266, thats it. so i donno what else shoud i tweak.
Is everything good and will it be stable for 24X7?

thanks for your time!

darklord

Cyborg Agent
COngrats on your first OC. Everything looks ok to me as of now but the temps are a bit on the higher side.
Take care about that. ;)

OP
Fahd.Malik

Fahd.Malik

Broken In
Thnx for replies,
I am worried about the PC temps too, I hope it will be fine with after market coolers?

another thing that confuses me is the CPUz result...
I have seen CPUz results of E7200 by other overclockers and review sites
And the LEVEL 3 cache thing is blank/nil in those results. But in my case there is a 2x3MB value
heres the screenshot
*img377.imageshack.us/img377/4637/firstew2.th.jpg

Why is it not blank in my case?
i am confused :confused:

Shloeb

In the zone
In my case they are blank and can anybody please post a guide or simply tell me how to overclock my proccy?? I have a e7200 and abit ip35-e on another pc. I want to overclock that. I tried to overclock and reached 3.0 ghz. But when i checked with prime95, some failed message was displayed in the error section so i backed up. Please tell me.

Shloeb

In the zone
I think it shouldn't be a problem. I have seen ppl not having blank level 3 when they overclock. I m not a overclocker so can't really tell u what it means

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
i too have e7200 + abit ip35-e. i've taken my proccy to 3.57Ghz.with 376x9.5.

memory divider as 1:1.20

Vcore 1.315v
rest is set to auto.

i guess ip35p is better than ip35-e so u could easily overclock as me

OP
Fahd.Malik

Fahd.Malik

Broken In
@ratedrsuperstar
Hi, what temperatures are u getting with that overclock? and are u using any aftermarket cooler or thermal compounds?

memory divider as 1:1.20

Vcore 1.315v
Does increasing Vcore bothers life of Mobo and cpu ? like will I be able to drag 3-4 years with the same config?

sometimes my AbiteQ shows warning regarding ram voltage and cabby starts beeping. How can i stop it?

Shloeb

In the zone
*img98.imageshack.us/img98/1624/oclv0.th.jpg
These are the temps i get a stock. How do i lower them? The cabby and all the components are brand new.

amitash

Intel OCer
@fahd.Malik Nice overclock here but those temps are very very high (assuming it is at idle).Have u stress tested it?Thats the only way to find out if it is stable...download the latest version of prime95 and test it for a couple of hours using small ffts..Monitor ur temps at the same time...i personally wouldnt let it go above 70C.Your procys specification reads that it can take upto 74.1C but if it goes past 70 i suggest u get a new cooler.If the small fft test hasnt failed for 2-4hrs stop it and run the blend test overnight..Atleast a good 8hrs.If it passes without errors your overclock is stable.

OP
Fahd.Malik

Fahd.Malik

Broken In
Hi all,

@darklord, amitash
The HS is seated properly. Without overclock, my temps are, Idle: 37-42C, and load: 55-56C.

on overclock, the temps at idle are, idle: 48-52C, load, 62-66C.
I am worried :(
And for the time being i am back to stock FSB 266. As i dont want to burn it :(

By the way the temperatures i told here are CPUTIN temps, NOT the CORE#1, CORE#2 temps, those are way higer than CPUTIN.

What temps should we look for?
both Core temps or Cputin temps?
And Inter says E7200 can work fine till 74C, so is it Core temperature or Cpu temperature?

plz shed some light on this..

And to fellow E7200 Owners, plz tell me what temperatures are u getting at stock idle, stock load, overclock idle, overclock load.

@shloeb, Mate your temps are 4-5C higher than me, But i am in an AC room, so that might be a reason...also my cpufan rpm is double than yours @2400 rpm. Are u running Abiteq(assuming u have Abit mobo)? it can set the rpm at 100%.

Does increasing Vcore bothers life of Mobo and cpu ? like will I be able to drag 3-4 years with the same config?
Answer this plz, considering that Vcore is in limits provided by intel, and temperature is also below 50C.. then can i hope for long life of CPU n Mobo?

Thanks

Last edited:

amitash

Intel OCer
^Provided the vcore and temps arent higher than specified u can expect a very long life from the procy and 62-66 is quite bad but it isnt in the alert zone and as ur procy will not be streesed so much all the time it should be no problem..get a better HS if u need higher OCs and use coretemp to monitor ur temps and post them here.

Shloeb

In the zone
@Malik, i have an ABIT IP35-E. What option do i need to set in the BIOS to increase the fan speed?

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
i get temps upto 54C on 3.57GHz medium load or idle.

and 75C on full load with my overclock.is this high or bad.i don't want my pc for more than 2-2.5yrs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom