My First Car under 4Lakh..Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Hi All,

Coming straight to business budget is 4 Lakh and I can not stretch it to even 4.15 so suggest accordingly. My requirements are a bit different than the normal choice. First I will list what I can easily compromise on...

1. Space .... no issue have a small family, but yes driving seat should comfortably accommodate a tall person like me. I am 6 feet 1 Inch. But slim build

2. Milage.....no issues if its 18 or 13 kmpl

3. Looks.....no issues here at all

4. Resale value.....dont care

5. Pickup.....I am a sturdy comfy driver so I dont care if I loose in couple of red light dashes

Now coming to what I do need from a car.

1. First and formost.....: True driving comfort, Smooth refined engine and butter smooth gear shift. The car should be a driving pleasure. Driving comfort is upmost important to me.

2. Features... : I love extra features even if its a small extra cup holder I will enjoy that.

3. comfortable Driving seat and if possible all controlls with the driver, this point basically goes along with the first one.

And thats it....... not much of a demand. :p

I will also add my monthly run is not huge, 200-300km is the max I can think off.

My choices are....

1. i10 Magna 1.2 Kappa...........3.9L

2. Spark 1.0 LT Petrol..............3.7L

3. A Star VXI..........................3.7L

4. Santro GLS Metallic LPG.......3.7L

My fav among the list is i10 however if I compare A star VXI has the maximum features. On the other hand Spark is proving to be a great all rounder performer. finally Santro has an LPG option so that adds as an advantage.

So caroholics shoot your suggestions and feel free to recommend any other option you have EXCEPT Indica any variant......I dont want to buy a cab.:p

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
i10.. No competition.. The engine is far more advanced than any of the competitors..

dreams

Gracias Senor
I personally own a Spark LT, outside it luks very smal, but once ur inside, u will never regret on the space available. Personally I like it. i10 is also good for tht price. Now spark is also avail in LPG, but dunno about the cost.

Baker

Albicelestes
^^
may be but last week my friend brought i10 magna 1.2l [very basic model] in bangalore

for him it cost around 4.5 lacs [on road]

azzu

AJJU
i10 is the best for ur use
but also check Maruti suzuki RITZ as u said ur tall
and wagonR as they will give u good driving posture and comfort
though i10'z best

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
I have been driving Wagon R Vxi almost everyday since 2005.

+ Good for intracity driving.
Light gear shaft.
Amazing power steering
Big boot

- Shoddy shock absorbers
Below average mileage
Cranky A/C

If I had been you, I would have picked Spark without battling an eyelid. It comes with 100000km/4years warranty. Engine is peppy, A/C is kick ass and its an amazing gem to drive. Thats my two cents...take your call.

Last edited:
OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Thank you all for your suggestions, even I am reading quite good reviews for Spark, initially I was a bit skiptical about the choice but now I am seriously giving a thought. @azzu RITZ is a premium car and falls out of my budget much like Swift. i10 Magna 1.2 is just on the verge of my budget, if I can get a good discount I can manage to get it for 4 or maybe 4.05 but I am not sure if its worth. @Amitab WagaonR is too common and loose on the novelty factor plus as you yourself said the AC is not that good. Spark definately looks like has some spark. This sat I am off for the test drive, I think the competetion would be good between i10 and Spark.

azzu

AJJU
sam9s yeah RITZ is a premium(though i wont call that) may be outta ur budget but i just told to consider it ...leave it
i dont know y but many people are appreciating spark compared to i10 it iz way behind its peepy and looks good but lacks way behing i10

Have you considered the Tata Indica ?
Its around 3, and may lack the coolness of i10, but my friend owns it and after buying it, spend 1lk modding it and now it feels like a killer sports car.

dd_wingrider

In the zone
i10 wins without a doubt so if you can stretch your budget go for it. If not then i will say chevy spark its also a nice car, plus all the goodies which are currently being offered with it.

santro is too old and i am yet to hear a good thing about astar(apart from that is from maruti).

azzu

AJJU
Its around 3, and may lack the coolness of i10, but my friend owns it and after buying it, spend 1lk modding it and now it feels like a killer sports car.

may be modding make it look and sound good
but compared to hyundai's and chevy's it has poor build quality vibration issues at top speed and many moore
though its rugged and economical

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I think Zen Estilo should come under your budget. A colleague owns one & I had a really smooth journey a week ago. It uses the new K series engine.

Last edited:

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
We owned a Matiz for almost ten years and sold it recently mainly because there was no good service point,Daewoo India having closed down.

Spark is its new avatar in the hands of GM, and carries all the best of its predecessor.Take a test drive and if you are happy go for it with eyes closed. It fits your bill perfectly.Never a Tata Indica petrol.Its engine is lousy.For your driving mileage - no diesel.Happy driving.
You can also check the new Estilo with the all new K series engine (again a 3cylinder as in Spark) but you may have to wait for delivery.

Last edited:

Aspire

Padawan
i10s the best Choice.
There's lots of leg room and it is quite comfortable...

Dont go for the automatic gear choose manual.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
you shud go for spark or i10, both are winners in their category,

i10 advantage= slightly bigger car frm outside,good interiors, good looking dash, stability at high speeds,smooth gear shift,light steering.

Spark = better ride quality,slightly more space inside,high speed stability,better equipped in LT version,fun to drive nature, 3 yr warranty offer

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer

Indica No way!! sorry firstly I am not in to car modding, computer definitely yes but car no way, secondly as I said Indica is a cab what ever one says, looses out seriously on the novelty factor. Lastly it might be the most spacious but engine is not at all refined and lacks the comfort at high speeds.

@dd_wingrider you have any idea what goodies are offered with spark, though I will be visiting the showroom this sat but still if u have any idea.

Also guys does anyone have an idea about any good dealer for i10 and spark around NCR, basically noida, Ghz or south delhi, who can offer good deal/goodies and is respectable to deal with. If any one has recently bought any of these cars from NCR share his experience.

Last edited:
OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
you shud go for spark or i10, both are winners in their category,

i10 advantage= slightly bigger car frm outside,good interiors, good looking dash, stability at high speeds,smooth gear shift,light steering.

Spark = better ride quality,slightly more space inside,high speed stability,better equipped in LT version,fun to drive nature, 3 yr warranty offer

Thanks zyberboy, even I am zeroing between the two the only reason I would not opt i10 would be if it goes way beyond the budget like over 4.10, the question I ask is ....... is i10 superior enough compared to Spark to shell out 20-30 K more. Else I think Spark should be the final choice (TD ofcourse would be the main deciding factor).

Mind you all for me only two thing matter, ride comfort smoothness and features, rest can take a back seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom