My First Car under 4Lakh..Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
^^Your point taken; if they were so particular about the forum quality they should have had some kind of close ended questionnaire. Writing an essay just to get registered is just not my cup of tea (I may be wrong). Anyways I moved on...so everything cool now.

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
.....and I am still waiting for their reply.....????
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
Ok Guys here is a small you tube video I prepared, utilizing the sunday afternoon. Gives you a small insight of the car. kinldy bear the casual outfit I have while taking the video...Also kinldy note by mistake I have refered the glove box as boot......lol.....mistake regretted.....

(thanks Cool G5 for your help)

[Youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="*www.youtube.com/v/ZlnJN4NVqcw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="*www.youtube.com/v/ZlnJN4NVqcw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/Youtube]

Last edited:
OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Ok Next update Guys......Got the following accessories added plus some interior makeover.

Accessories.....

1. Rear parking sensors : awsome thing, I get full information in the rear view mirror (which BTW is changed) which includes the angle of obstruction, and best of all distance between the car and the obstruction with voice commands speaking the distance. If the car comes under 1 meter range, I get voice command "attention" and when it reached <0.5 "STOP" "STOP" voice command is issued. Absolutely amazing. I never now bother to see at the back anymore, very convenient and safe.

2. Badge color pure leather seat covers

3. JBL 4" front speakers

4. Sony Xplode 150W 8" rear speakers enclosed in wodden box. (did not spoil the tray)

5. Adjustable Mobile Stand (check in my video)

6. Extra foot mattress

7. Cable for AUX input play through my mobile/iPod

8. Steering cover

9. Car Immobilizer : Added in the remote locking

10. Auto Window Shutter : Added a relay in the power windows, that would shut all open windows when you lock the car remotely from out side......very handy feature.

Interior Makeover.....

1. Changed the Cabin light to Bright white florescent LED

2. Added the same white florescent light at the space below the glove box and at the driver seat.

3. Added the same light in the Boot as well.

All lights are controlled with the same Door mechanism, except the Boot light which is also controlled if only boot is opened.

Over all ambience is like a top class sedan from inside, very satisfying

4. Added twin lights below the car with option to switch between green and white florecent. Looks cool

5. The parking sensers fixed in the rear bumber also has blinking subtle red, green and blue light, which changes while the car is backing. Looks beautifull.

finally added a reading light for the people seating at the rear.

I will try if I can post some pics or video but I feel the actuall effect would be difficult to capture in the picture or video.

Last edited:
OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Guys I am getting Allow Wheels for 10K...are they worth, does they makes the car handle better or is it just a show stuff...????

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Congrats on the new accessories bro. Good use of the saved money. :)

I don't have alloy wheels under my car so cant give an end user perspective. BTW 10K for alloy wheels is a damn neat deal! Alloy wheels comes with its share of pro and cons. There is this excellent wiki on alloy wheels. Check it out.

dd_wingrider

In the zone
Guys I am getting Allow Wheels for 10K...are they worth, does they makes the car handle better or is it just a show stuff...????

They do add stability to car and better handling. Although people do argue that alloy wheels lower the FE and all but thats subjective. Go for them for sure.

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Congrats on the new accessories bro. Good use of the saved money. :)

I don't have alloy wheels under my car so cant give an end user perspective. BTW 10K for alloy wheels is a damn neat deal! Alloy wheels comes with its share of pro and cons. There is this excellent wiki on alloy wheels. Check it out.
l

Thanks for the link. it did give me quite an insight, and I am investigating about the deal if there is any catch.

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
For Spark, the wheel specifications are size:13", width 5.5", PCD 114.3, Holes 4, and offset 38.

Please 1. make sure the alloy wheels you get conform to these specifications, especially the offset, 2. get your wheels aligned and balanced after fitment and 3. get the correct key for the wheel nuts and keep it in your tool kit.

By the way, while researching on the subject, I have zeroed in on Plati alloy wheels for my Ritz, though a change is not imminent.

Last edited:
OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
^^ mmm you seem to have a fair bit of idea on Alloy wheels, whats PCD and Offset BTW and where did you get there specifications. Also if you are by any chance from Delhi, any idea where can I get good Alloy wheels,,,,,,,, good on the scale of what you think is the proper yard stick. Plati Alloys??? are they some kind of special in the catagory, how do I make sure I am getting "good" alloy wheels.

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
Plati is the brand name which is popular in India.Your queries are best answered here

Just google "alloy wheels India" and you will get tonnes of info on it. The Team BHP forum too has lots of info, if you have the time and patience to go through.

And finally I'm a southie.

Last edited:
OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
^^ Thanx for the link, it does seems pretty informative, I am going through it now. Also most of the people participating in forums do have the patience to go through long articles:), and I am one of them definitely. Team BHP has a weird way of getting registered so could not join it (much to what I wanted to) any way I will visit their forum as a guest as see what ever I can browse. Thanks again I will update my purchase.

And BTW wheres Southie (pardon my poor knowledge on this)

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Sorry for dropping in late...but congrats congrats. Awesome car buddy. I have jack knowledge about vehicles, so probably best to watch and enjoy riding in one. :wink:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Congrats Sam. The car is all jazzed up now & ready to turn heads.
Remember the Josie Maron words - "Drive Safely & Responsibly" :D

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Sorry for dropping in late...but congrats congrats. Awesome car buddy. I have jack knowledge about vehicles, so probably best to watch and enjoy riding in one. :wink:

Thanks Bro, I was expecting you response on this thread, ....... got a bit late though, but better late than never.......thanks again :p
Posted again:
jack knowledge ?

Means he only has the knowldge to use the Jack to change the Wheel....:-D

Last edited:

Baker

Albicelestes
sorry to dig up the old thread guys..... , am also having the same budget to buy a car may be can extend up to max of 4.5 laks...@sam so it is almost 6 months , tell me ur opinion about ur car , like riding comfort , mileage , service...etc and chevi introduced Beat in the same price range i think , so now is it better to go for Beat rather than spark...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom