My First Car under 4Lakh..Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
From my limited experience of driving various vehicles and taking them for repairs at the dealers, I have yet to find a single dealer/manufacturer who backs his claim 100%. Theres always the %$#%#$ fine print where you find out that Item 235-fga isn't covered because blah blah blah. Not to scare ya though. it has nothing to do with the choice. Ive found the above to be true in alot of models.

Well yes I agree and even I was a bit skeptical about the so called coverage claims and that is the reason I specifically wanted to see the warrantee papers to check any clause that might look fishie, but it was plain simple saying, no hidden costs all parts are covered internal external for 3 years. Anyway I'd still give the benefit of the doubt and hope for the best.

@deepak....I presume its 14-15 with AC in City. No idea about highways.

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
Congrats sam9s on becoming a proud owner of a glistening Spark. As I said before, you will never regret your decision.

Please post some pictures and then your driving experience.

You may now want to fit an after-market music system as and when your budget permits, for it has now become an essential accessory. You may look into my thread here

Happy revving.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
Good decision, enjoy ur new ride but ensure proper runin.

But what about the old problem with Daewoo going broke and its service centers closing down ?

Spark would have sold a lot better if GM didn't go bankrupt. Now many are afraid it will face the same problem that Matiz and Cielo faced a few years back.

It doesn't add to its reputation that Spark is also known as "Matiz Classic". :lol:
Actually its da other way around, spark is selling more units after Gm's bankruptcy , before june it were selling 2500 units per month after that it started to climb steadily and reached just under 4000 in august, the best spark sales figure since its release!.
In September its expected to cross 4000 mark.

Actually its da other way around, spark is selling more units after Gm's bankruptcy , before june it were selling 2500 units per month after that it started to climb steadily and reached just under 4000 in august, the best spark sales figure since its release!.
In September its expected to cross 4000 mark.
Reason is actually logical. When GM hadn't yet gone bankrupt, people were speculating a lot since it was certain that GM was doomed. So sales were low.

After the official bankruptcy announcement, GM said that they would focus on their core business and the Spark was part of their core products. This gave buyers confidence and thus its sale boomed.

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
After the official bankruptcy announcement, GM said that they would focus on their core business and the Spark was part of their core products. This gave buyers confidence and thus its sale boomed.

Dont forget the Badge name Chevrolet, that also is one of the prime reason for the success.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
^Nice car but he has already purchased one. Also he had a budget of Rs.4 lakhs max.
At-least read the thread before replying.

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
adding to what Cool G5 said....also prefer to resize the pic to max 640x480 before posting.....I would suggest if you can remove the pic and repost a thumbnail.....thank you

Last edited:
OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Ok Guys time for an update, after driving 300Km till now, following is my small update.

1. Ride comfort : that is the best part and most thought by Chevi people, dispite of having 1000 cc 8 valve engine, its superiority is unmatched making it at par with i10 engine. Smooth and refined ride quality and engine sound.

2. Space : No way its lesser than i10 froma big margin. Only front has a bit more space than Spark, at the back both are same, where Spark scores more coz of the complete foldable seat.

3. Looks : mmmm subjective I would say, some say i10 is far better and some say Spark is the cutest looking ginnie. I am with i10 in this segment

4. Fearures : Spark has EVERY feature i10 Sports has infact couple of few nifty more like a) the provision of keeping sunglasses with a nice auto foldable cover at the top of the driver window. b) Hooks at the seat nect to hang bags, hooks at the top of the rear window for hanging coat etc. c) Provision for holding visiting cards at the bottom of the steering...... etc. i10 scores on two point over Spark........ Tilt steering, Boot light and MP3 player which BTW SUCKS specially while playing FM, you cannot change the unit as its integrated. Speakers can be changed maybe I am not sure but that would not much make a difference. Tilt Steering is the only aspect I found bettre in i10 AFA features are concerned, apart from this, you name one and Spark has.

5. Interior Design : Now that is where i10 scores most.....mind you I am talking about Design, not quality. Quality wise though i10 is ahead but not by that margin, Spark Dash board, glove box texture quality is at par, only the Steering, Gear knob could have been better. On the other hand i10's design is worth a plause, dashboard looks quality, and the gear knob placement is superb with far more smooth Gear shift tham Spark. Apart form this quality of seat, roof mat, seat belt, hand brake is ar par with i10.

Extras : a)i10....No company warentee, you have to buy one. With Spark you get 3 years/50K full coverage warentee and believe it or not, this does make difference as you never know what part dispite of being new gives away at what juncture, at that time it really pinches when you have to shell out a respectable amount just for a small thing. Plus I was able to trace couple of people who has spark and got some problem within one month of purchase (like for one headlight bulb went out, second one has some problem in the Disc Break) Both of them comfirmed that the complete unit was replaced with in hours of taking the car to the show room. So that has given me quite a bit of confidence. b) Remote Lock and Gear Lock, which was not offered by the i10 Dealer.

Over all, I think we can declare Spark the clear winner keeping the aspect the price I got it for 3.60 with 3 year warentee and Goodies. Where as i10 I was getting at 4.25 after all discounts with not goodies except mat and weelcovers with is basic and every card dealer gives.

Well here is my final review.........also guys Now I am looking for some good car accessories, even a good quality roof mount LCD, which can be enjoyed after lowering the back seats and putting a mattre, it really gives ample space at the back, also looking for parking sensors and stuff like that. People here need some suggestions ......
Plus Any idea where in NCR should I be targetting for some professional car work......good dealer with quality work.....

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
I may refer you to the TeamBHP forum *www.team-bhp.com/forum/ ( of which I am a new member since yesterday :-D -- got my membership approval only on my second attempt).

It carries a wealth of information on all aspects of automobiles shared by its members. Even if some are above the heads of novices like me, you may pick and choose bits and pieces that may be of interest to you. Happy revving.

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
I may refer you to the TeamBHP forum *www.team-bhp.com/forum/ ( of which I am a new member since yesterday :-D -- got my membership approval only on my second attempt).

It carries a wealth of information on all aspects of automobiles shared by its members. Even if some are above the heads of novices like me, you may pick and choose bits and pieces that may be of interest to you. Happy revving.

Yes I registered there, but its been 4 days I got no approval after activating the account. Seems they are pretty busy. Whats the point of joining when you can start sharing information immediately. You loose interest afterwards...

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Ok guys here are the Pics as requested.....I have also made a small youtube spark review video as well will be posting that soon as well. Till then enjoy the pics..

*i37.tinypic.com/29f9ell.jpg

*i35.tinypic.com/2f0d0yp.jpg

*i35.tinypic.com/15qunmp.jpg

*i33.tinypic.com/2882lop.jpg

*i34.tinypic.com/m7ysqq.jpg

*i35.tinypic.com/25ph5bq.jpg

*i35.tinypic.com/2zsrwnd.jpg

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Wow!!! Nice pics. I can almost smell the new car. Congrats Dude!!!

^Nice car but he has already purchased one. Also he had a budget of Rs.4 lakhs max.
At-least read the thread before replying.

LOL...

I did try my luck there, after few followups I got this reply...

Sorry, but your "Why Team-BHP" note was either too short or had language errors. Hence, your registration could not be approved. We recommend that you register again. Please be as comprehensive as possible in your "Why Team-BHP" note on the registration page to have your membership approved in a jiffy!
I told them to fsck themselves.:x

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Wow!!! Nice pics. I can almost smell the new car. Congrats Dude!!!

Thanks amitab......and you are right about Team BHP, atleast you got a response, I have been waiting for 3 days and no response, finally I lost interest to share my views about the car, and yea fsck themselves right words.

Also guys I can embed my youtube video......any idea how to do that. If I pick the embed code from the site and submit, I get the code posted instead of the video.....lol.....must be doing something wrong, any idea.

AND PLEASE somebody from the MODS group remove or rearrange the pic by startrek, its completely messing the page formatting.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
^Use {Youtube} Your Video URL here {/Youtube}

Do not put spaces in between. Also use square brackets like [ & ].

Last edited:

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
@amitabishek, I don't want to hijack this thread and make it look as one fit under the "Fight Club":smile:.

First, it is absolutely not necessary to become a member of the forum to access the contents. Their "register again" e-mail(which I too got on 01 Oct 2009:smile:) clearly states " 2. The entire forum is open & searchable, even to guests".

Before I got my membership approval on 10 Oct 2009 on my second attempt, I had been browsing the forum for almost three months, have found much useful information, first on selecting a new car and then equipping it with a suitable audio system. I referred Team BHP forum to sam9s, since he was interested in accessories.

Second. Any forum has got its own expectations, rules and regulations, which it expects its members to conform to and abide with. These again are clearly stated in the "Announcement" threads, which I did not bother to go through before the first attempt, did subsequently and rewrote the "Why Team-BHP".(Not an essay,but a concise and comprehensive write-up not exceeding 60 words)

There is absolutely no point in getting agitated and mouthing expletives. Just because one shouts "these grapes are sour", they do not turn sour.

One may feel like taking an English language test, but then have we not taken innumerable English tests throughout our school and college days?

So take it or leave it with grace.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom