my connection disconnects automatically???

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
hi,

i hav p4 2.4ghz, 512 MB ddr ram and 865 chipset motherboard intel with 256 kbps airtel conx and windows MCE sp2. off late, i am facing this internet disconnection prbs, that really irritates me to the core. i use it 24*7, downloading. it works fine till i sit in the comp, abt 1 am or so, but when i get up in the morning, it is disconnected. how does this happen? why does this happen? pls give me a solution, this really sucks! :(

/legolas

digen

Youngling
It used to happen to me in the early days of airtel .I remember I had the crappy USB modem which I replaced for a number of routers until I settled for the Dlink DL-502T ADSL router.

They give you all sorts of crappy chinese made modems/routers try getting one from a brand such as Dlink.Atleast you will find out whether it a hardware specific problem or a connection problem.

It could also be that after a period of in-activity the ISP airtel has some feature which disconnects the user.Dont count me on this but I believe such a thing could exist.

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
actually my system wasnt idle, i was downloading... nyways, i also needed to get the modem changed, wil try the D-link hardware u said... hope it solves this issue for ever and leaves me going nuts! thk u.

/legolas

sakumar79

Technomancer
I have experienced this before. This is not a problem with the modem or the connection... Just the result of Windows XP's "efficiency"

Go to system properties (Winkey+Pause). Go to the Hardware tab and select Device Manager. Right-click on the modem device and select properties. Go to the tab called "Power Management". Most probably, you have a choice called "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". Make sure this is unchecked... Your problem will be solved.

Hope this helps,
Arun

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
sakumar, u r god! :) i hav changed that option, but i wonder y i dint face this problem before, coz i hav been using this for over 6 months and i hav not known that option! :) wonder windows :) nyways, i got my modem also changed as whn the technical person was workin on it, he got to know that the modem some how was gone! may be that is the problem or this! if i hav it resolved, i am doubly satisfied! :D thk u nyways.

/legolas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom