My Comp Freezes :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
My configuration is MSI RS480, AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 512Mb DDR 400, XFX Nvidia 6600GT, 80gb Sata, Sony Combo Drive with PSU 500watt. my pc freezes after 10mins of gameplay. if i open the graphic card and use the onboard graphics it works perfectly. i have checked the temp of the graphic cards and its way below threshold figure. i just cannot figure out wats the problem. Upto u guys now to help me out.

G

gxsaurav

r u sure, that 500W PSU is giving proper ampere of power

it's hard to find why the system locks, could be a temprature problem, but as u said it comes only when playing with graphics card

sakumar79

Technomancer
Could be temperature problem. Try playing with the cpu case open... If temp, fan speed, etc is problem, you can detect it a bit... Sometimes, by leaving it open, the problem might even be solved because of good ventilation... But this is not a long term solution...

Arun

OP
sysfilez

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
when working normally its doesnt freezes, and yes i have tried by leaving the cab case open didnt help @ all. do you think it can be the mobo, its a very low end one thou.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
It's a clear case of over-heating problem. Monitor the temp of mobo using any good
software. Also check whether the fans are working fine. You can also attach another
outlet-fan inside if there's space.

OP
sysfilez

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
i have 2x80mm cabinet fans one @ back and the nother one at front. al de fans workin in good state. we have tried all options for the last few months. problem remains as it is. cant really njoy my 6600gt.

d

Journeyman
dunno.. see if you can underclock the GPU and the memory clocks a bit... the graphic memory clocks that is.. also see if he AGP/PCI ( as it applies) bus is running at stock speeds.. or if anything's overclocked..

OP
sysfilez

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
de gc works fine on other machines. there is no dust particles also. i haven't overclocked anything till now.

cyrux

In the zone
Since you said the card works fine on other systems.. its not going be a gfx card fault.. may be some conflict with drivers.. because you can play it well without the graphic card.. so your mobo , ram is working just fine
PSU also seems to be right..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom