Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
I have a nice image in .gif format, which I would like to setup as my avtaar. But when I upload my image into the forum, I get Image too long message.What is the size and an image should have to be uploaded as an avtaar,and, I would like to know how I can shorten the image, if possible without loosing clarity. Please tell me the exact steps to edit the image either in MSpaint or Photoshop.

The attributes of the image in MSpaint are:
Resolution : 96x96 dots per inch
Widht : 150 Height : 150
Units are Pixels

Do u have adobe Photoshop???
if you"re having this is the way
just start ur photoshop,add the image there
then there will be an image option at the top
then select the size to 80*80 and save the image
remember the file size should not exceed over 10kb
and do search before posting a forum here
there are already lots of topics related to avtars
welcome

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Get irfanView from here *www.irfanview.com/download_sites.htm

then just insert ur image and then press Ctrl+R for resizing the image....after ur done just press "S" to save the image in .Gif format 8)

ramprasad

In the zone
Hi
I used "Microsoft PhotoEditor" bundled in Office Suite... It seems to reduce the size of the image without much loss in the quality....
Check it out......

Regards,
Ramprasad

OP
jamesbond007

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Well guys actually the image is in animation gif format. It is composed of four images. I tried it in Irfan View, loaded the image and pressed ctrl+R ( in the image menu) but it is not highlighted. Similarly I did in Photoshop 5.5 and no use. I can change the attrbutes of a single non animated image but not to my avtaar image which is in animated gif format. Kindly let me know how the image attributes can be changed for an animated image in Photoshop or Irfan View or Gimp or MSpaint or anyother piece of software. Note that the animation of the image should not be lost.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Don't know much about Photoshop, I happen to be a Fireworks MX user. To use the resize tool in Fireworks, all you have to do is open the file, and select File>Export and then run the Export wizard and select image size as 80x80 (if its asymmetric, Fireworks will select the closest match) and the target file size as 10kb and save the file.

CyCo

In the zone
use photoshop ... it is fast and easy ...

just goto Image --> Image Size and choose the size for the forum ...

as simple as that ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom