My 6600 Problem (Urgent)`

Status
Not open for further replies.

amritpal2489

In the zone
OK my prob goes
I have a 6600. Whenever i try to open Gallery, it stucks on "Opening Files" and whenever i try to switch on the bluetooth it says "Unable to perform Bluetooth Operation"
Pls tell the solution, Its urgent.
I ahve also tried formatting the phone (both hard and soft format) but no result.

shoegoe

Broken In
WOW!... im facin the SAME problems.. i mean.... the exact same problem.... My file manager wont open.. bt wont open..gallery wont open.. i cant use my cam...it says temporary override..

I've heard that its a software problem .. Flashin the set might clear this off..

Does ur mobile work well suddenly and then it becomes sick again...

cause, mine works well for some time.. then sick.. then works well.. again and again..

Gonna flash the set tomorrow.. will comment on it later..

(Cause my set works once in a while, i think there is no hardware damage... its mostly corrupted c drive.)

joshi_ban

Broken In
amritpal2489 said:
OK my prob goes
I have a 6600. Whenever i try to open Gallery, it stucks on "Opening Files" and whenever i try to switch on the bluetooth it says "Unable to perform Bluetooth Operation"
I ahve also tried formatting the phone (both hard and soft format) but no result.

Dude check it without your MMC, may be there is some pronlem in ur mmc. Try to Format your Cell again, or else, go to Nearest Nokia Centre and Change your FIRM WARE

maharajadhiraj

In the zone
I suggest you format your mobile phone (with your MMC already in the phone, do not take it out). This MIGHT solve your problem. If the problem persists contact your dealer.
-------------------------------------------------
Note : Full phone formatting a 6600!
Here to let everybody how to perform a Full phone formatting on a 6600!
If you encounter situation like below on your 6600 :
1. Blank screen phone unable to reboot.
2. Phone only able to boot-up to "Nokia" word screen.
3. Install some program but not able to uninstall it after that.
4. Unable to delete unwanted files on C drive.

Do a Full phone formatting on your 6600! as steps below :
1. Make sure you have at least 3/4 charge of battery power left.
2. Backup your contacts list and personal files to MMC memory card.
3. Switch-off your 6600 phone and REMOVE UR MMC!.
4. Press and hold 3 keys : Green dial key, * Star key, no. 3 key on keypad and then press the power on/off to swtich on the 6600 phone. Remember, do not let go the 3 press and hold keys until you see a formatting word screen show!
5. After a few minutes when the Full phone formatting completed, your 6600 will back to original system and factory settting
-----------------------------------------------------------
source: I don't remember, honest!!!!!!

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
i tried the same on my friend's 6630
it doesnt do the formatting...
is there a different way to do the same in 6630?

shoegoe

Broken In
amritpal2489 said:
OK my prob goes

Hi.. guess, u havent repled at all much...

Anyway.. i went to nokia gallery at my place.. they said that it was a hardware kinda failure .. and it has happened in many sets.. if u are under warrenty, you could get a replaced if u approach them,..

Sadly... mine wasnt on warrenty period and so.. i asked them if anything can be done.. they said that , bringing back the cell to its origianl sate woiuld cost me around 2k. since i thought that flashing the firemware would solve the problem, i asked them to flash it .. they aggred to flash the set under risk.. they told that such problematic cells got permanently disabled when flashed. they said that they will only charge 120 for flashing.(if succceded).. if it fails, i have to pay rs 56 and my set will be dead..
I had low options and agreed to take the risk.. after flashing , the problem still presisted..they charged me only 56 and said that it was NOT repairable.. i went to another nokia priority shop and asked them how much would they exchange it.. they checked the cell and said that it was NEVER EXCHANGABLE.. they already had 2 cells with the same problem..they were waiting for someone..who would buy that..

So.. atlast my cell worked suddenly..i went to another dealer.. he offered 5k for exchange for the cell. i think that will be the best offer around here.. im planning to exchange it..hope my cell works well when i do my exchange...

And to ur info.. my cell works well sometimes ...like 1 in 10 chances.. rest of the time.. it is almost dead...

Do tell me if u have any ideas or options

And also.. ive tried to format my cell in every possible options..soft .. hard.. flash...still nothin works well as planned

maheshmax

Broken In
amritpal2489 said:
OK my prob goes
I ahve also tried formatting the phone (both hard and soft format) but no result.[/QUOTE

hi buddy i am a cell phone repairer
the problem is with your bluetooth ic
change it and your problem is solved
it should cost u someware around 850 to 950

shoegoe

Broken In
maheshmax said:
amritpal2489 said:
OK my prob goes
I ahve also tried formatting the phone (both hard and soft format) but no result.[/QUOTE

hi buddy i am a cell phone repairer
the problem is with your bluetooth ic
change it and your problem is solved
it should cost u someware around 850 to 950

Kwl.. will try it before exchangin.. Thx man.. But.. how am i supposed to do that?.. guess im gettin useful info.. maheshmax are u listenin?

satbir

Broken In
hey guys even i was facing exactly the same problem......... i went to nokia care (my phn is still under warranty) and they said that most probably they'll be changing my bluetooth ic....... lets hope for the best........i'm glad that this problem occoured whn my cell was under warranty .........

@shoego..... get ur ic replaced from a cell reapairer/nokia care........ i think it would solve ur problem....... anyways i'll ask the nokia ppl about wat they did to get my cell back to normal n then i'll let u know wat the exact solution was........

Last edited:

prankie

D PrankMaster
amritpal said:
OK my prob goes

I had the same prob. with my 6600... i took ma phone to the dealer. he said that it's a hardware failure and it cant be rectified... but as the phone was in warranty, i got it replaced!!

gdatuk said:
i tried the same on my friend's 6630
it doesnt do the formatting...
is there a different way to do the same in 6630?

it works....after doing this check the ph memory,all the files will be deleted and ph space wil be empty
or install fexplorer and check the c drive ie ph memory,it will be empty
it doesnt show the % formatting as its done in seconds...
as 6630 is the faster then 6600 and others!

i own 6630 before and i used this one many times!!

shoegoe

Broken In
satbir said:
hey guys even i was facing exactly the same problem......... i went to nokia care (my phn is still under warranty) and they said that most probably they'll be changing my bluetooth ic....... lets hope for the best........i'm glad that this problem occoured whn my cell was under warranty .........

@shoego..... get ur ic replaced from a cell reapairer/nokia care........ i think it would solve ur problem....... anyways i'll ask the nokia ppl about wat they did to get my cell back to normal n then i'll let u know wat the exact solution was........

Got any solutions?

satbir

Broken In
NO!!! Actually i called up nokia care yesterday and they said that there server was down or something(another excuse)...... these guys are really lazy on aftersale services..... anyways i'll be calling them again in a day or two n let u know wat happened

maheshmax

Broken In
shoegoe said:
maheshmax said:
Kwl.. will try it before exchangin.. Thx man.. But.. how am i supposed to do that?.. guess im gettin useful info.. maheshmax are u listenin?

if warrenty go to nokia
if not go to any mobile repair shop and tell him to change bluetooth ic
a lay man cannot do this because it require perfection
and below this there is main ic damaging that means saying good buy to your phonr

shoegoe

Broken In
maheshmax said:
shoegoe said:
if warrenty go to nokia
if not go to any mobile repair shop and tell him to change bluetooth ic
a lay man cannot do this because it require perfection
and below this there is main ic damaging that means saying good buy to your phonr

seems bit risky if the repairer isnt able.. a repair guy has aggred to exchange my phone for 6k(ya!). when i gave it to him, to my luck, the phone worked well except bt. he told that he will take of its repairs..

in nokia centre, they told that even they wont take it for any cost as it was useless. i guess 6k is about the best deal i can get..since changing the ics are risky and costs around 1k, i thought if givin the cell to the 6k dealer..

What do u say guys?..im thinkin of buyin another NEW set WITH warrenty..i can build up around 4k in addition and thus 10k is the budget..

id req a symbianOS6/7(Since there are ample number of softwares and facilities to this OS)+bt+gprs+cam(Hm...)+good quality+extendable memory

So... any ideas? is 6k deal ok?

satbir

Broken In
this is a very good deal indeed........ don't wait..... just go and sell that crap off as soon as u read this thing.......

shoegoe

Broken In
ty guys..ive decided to sell this for 6k..but ive got trouble..

how much would 6630 cost in indian market?.. how much should i spend more from my pocket(on average)

Also...with some compariosn on the net ive come to this

*www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=811&idPhone1=1087

6230i has more features than 6630.. presently im searchin for a phone with

-Bluetooth
-Extendable memory
-GPRS
-Edge
-camera(Hmm..)
-Good flood free future
-Symbian(since ample number of symbian os softwares are available for various options)

my budget as said abouve is 10k..

Is it possible to get the same options in non-symbian phones as well?

If so.. are there models within this range?

Also..6230i has many features+good comments in many mobile reviews to 6630.in addition it has fm radio+ptp..it costs about 1k less than 6630.ive heard that 6630 costs about 12k.. suppsively 6230i is around 10.4k..is it like that?

Any ideas are welcomed...Ty again

And.... sorry for takin this discussion bit off-topic..if told,id be glad to start a new topic..but since the problem is close ,ive posted in the same topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom