Music.. but Which??

Status
Not open for further replies.

vysakh

Padawan
mp3 of course
even wma is good it shrinks the files but once u convert it into wma u cant change it

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
mp3, wma, ogg

if u wanna know more about the formats
*www.teamcombooks.com/mp3handbook/12.htm
*dir.yahoo.com/Computers_and_Internet/Multimedia/Audio/Formats/

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
.rm is the best in case u r downloading . it is the most shrinked and offer as much quality as mp3.

theraven

Technomancer
hmmm
well if ur converting from a cd then all u need is a ripper
and i think rippers convert individual files as well ( dunno never done it )
so for rippers ... musicmatch jukebox does a good job
and its a whole media centre so u can use it as default
if u want only a ripper
there are many software like fast cd ripper

for converters specially u can search on download.com
here i did it for u :D
*www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?qt=wav+mp3+ogg+converter&tg=dl-2001

as for details on file formats
Digital Music Formats
How To Convert Anything
Multimedia File Formats
Beginners Guide To Multimedia File Formats
Audio File Formats

if u notice none of these cover OGG ... since its more of an underground file format ... also not commercially caught on yet

Official OGG Vorbis Site
The OGG Vorbis Codce Project
OGG Format
Sound FIle Format

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
BTW i would like to add to raven post dat
ogg is an open source encoding format!! so just pure entertainment ;)

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
technovice said:
never heard of the .rm format. probably drdrudge can shed more light on it?

.rm is the real media format.very small in size and as dsgrudge said very good for downloading due to its small size. the music quality is also good.

swatkat

Technomancer
mp3 is highly popular,OggVorbis is equally good.If u want HIGH compression use some of Real Player's Formats.Use Helix Producer Software.

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
ok, i had a conversation with [deXter] once and according to him, Apple's AAC format is good, he says that the AAC format gives a gr8 sound quality at minimum size of the file.

well, i also tried converting some of my mp3s to AAC using dBPoweramp and the result: NOT BAD...tho u may experience some minor glitches which r really negligible (unless u r a professional :p)

ogg wasnt bad either, but i personally like the wma format....the only drawback is: i'm not able to play the wma format on linux :( and so, most of my songs r in the mp3 format (if anybody can help me with this, pls do).

swatkat said:
If u want HIGH compression use some of Real Player's Formats.Use Helix Producer Software.
do we need music in real format on our hard-disks?? as far as i know, we can play the real format on a very few players and besides, rm/ra/ram formats are good for streaming audio only. :)

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
real formats are mostly internet based i mean bandwidth consious so they don't provide the quality dat mp3 provides. rm uses high compression so loss of quality does happen ;)

..:: Peace ::..
Jeba

swatkat

Technomancer
If u want high compression then obviously quality will be less.but i have seen one of my friend having a 30 to 50 second video in floppy.so i admire the technology used by the real's formats.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
yaar... just go blindly 4 the MP3 format (in range of 128-256kbit)... as it is the most played around... most versatile... and most chalnewaala format... if some day u wanna play it on an MP3 player u can do it... it is not the case when u convert 2 other compression formats... compression back 2 MP3 from any other format would mean helluva loss of quality
Go 4 dbpoweramp @ *www.dbpoweramp.com/

OP
I

infohardik

Broken In
Hello again...

1 Question, again.

If i MP3 song is compressed to its best reducing bitrates n all other things can it be really converted to its original quality or even better than it coz I doubt :!: :arrow:

theraven

Technomancer
nope..
theres always loss of quality
be it negligible
read again
MP3 is a LOSSY FILE COMPRESSION FORMAT
it may even sound good and original but no matter what there IS LOSS OF DATA

OP
I

infohardik

Broken In
Conclusion

U should'nt compress ur MP3

and hence there is no use for any change of format if u r using it on ur PC.

??? M I right ????

theraven

Technomancer
SIGH !!
no
see
ur questions are subjective ...
u want the BEST compression ?? its not MP3
u want standard compression what ppl use ?
then there is mp3 and wma which are the standard
i use mp3 ... and someone here uses wma ...
wav is uncompressed pure format ... and it takes up too much disk space ... so keepin ur music in WAV is just not logical ...
rest is upto u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom