Mumbai to Toronto - Which airline is preferable ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raksrules

Youngling
My friend is traveling to Toronto next week (for Company work). Which airline should he prefer and why ? Any personal experiences would be also of help. The choices he now has are:

1. British Airways (Via London)
2. Air France (via Paris)
3. Jet Airways (via Brussels)
4. Don't remember the airline name

Please help me decide in this regard. Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated. :p

PS: If you have any other airline option then too please let me know

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
+1 for British Airways.They have been in this route for a long time and provide unmatched service @a higher price to. :)

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
The halts are just 3-4 hrs and so no point in visiting any place.

PS: I have received 3 replies and all three vouch for different airlines. Confusion :)

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Wasn't it the British Airways by which the Bachhan family was travelling for their world tour when their luggage was stolen?

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
British airways..if u wanna visit paris u know which to choose..my exp with B.A was better of those 2,but u can't miss visiting paris

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
I couldn't help wondering: Is there a point to all this? If the OP's friend is so rich and spoiled that little differences in seating comfort, menu and on-board service really matter to him, then he should not need to have a friend ask about it in a technical forum. He should already know or ask a friend in the same social class. All major international airlines should be more or less on the same level in those respects.

OTOH, if he is not from that class and is more concerned about the fare, route and timings, then he'd be better off enquiring at a travel agency or at the airlines themselves.

Speaking for myself, air travel is just a means of getting from A to B. I don't really care if the hostess wears a sari or a miniskirt, or if I get an extra inch of leg room. (Once you look past those miniskirts, most of those Kingfisher hostesses are rather ugly anyway :) ) I care more about when I take off and land, like not having to get up at 4:00 am to catch a flight, or land after midnight in a strange city.

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
@pimpom

First of all, my friend is traveling for the first time to an international destination(and hence is very excited). Secondly, the options that i have mentioned in my first post are the ones provided by the travel desk of our company. We are not booking tickets thru any travel agent. Everything will be done sitting at the computer desk thru office intranet. The travel desk guys dont give any information about how the seat would be and bhah bhah. They are just concerned with providing us the various available options and we need to select one and let them to know so that they can book the tickets

Moreover i know that this is a TECH forum but i suppose this is a chit chat section and i suppose it was posted to get help from fellow digitans and not get -ve comments

PS: I have not started this thread to increase my post count since AFAIK, posts in chit chat section are not counted in the Post count.
The guy is not rich or spoiled, on the contrary he is a plain employee of an IT company and has not earned enuf to be called as RICH !!!
Neither my friend nor I have any clue about international airlines since we have NEVER traveled in an International flight (Heck... i have seen airport only twice in my life that too when i went to receive someone)
I hope i have cleared all the doubts

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Sorry if I sounded negative - I didn't mean to. I'm no expert on international air travel myself. My point was that this is probably not the best place to get such information. So far, the only useful info posted may be that you cannot get out of a plane and tour a city enroute. The others are just light-hearted comments (that's always fun of course).

To get more information than you can get at the company desk, I still suggest you visit a travel agency and ask. Don't be diffident, they're there to answer such questions. If they're not very friendly, that's their fault, not yours. Just move on to another agency. You don't have to book a ticket with them to ask these questions. Tell them you want to know the options and think about it before making up your mind.

I spoke of my own viewpoint to give you clues. I suggest you find out about timings. Is your friend is going to be met at Toronto? If not, he should try to avoid arriving late at night. See if you can arrange to have both departure and arrival at convenient times. You can also check those times at the airlines' websites.

You can converse with the staff of British Airways and Jet Airways in English. At least some of the Air France people may not speak English. Canada is bilingual (English and French being the two national languages), so your friend should not have trouble there as public services are required by law to be bilingual.

Oh, and those comments about Chit Chat section and post count were not necessary. We all know about it, and I never implied that you did it to increase your post count.

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
Further to my query i have a few questions on this.

First of all my friend left for Toronto in a Jet airways flight (from Mumbai to London) and then an Air Canada flight (London to Toronto).
Now there are chances that i may be traveling in a couple of weeks. So i wanted to ask that is a on the trot long journey preferable or a break journey.

I mean there may be options as follows:

Break Journey

1. Mumbai - London
London - Toronto

Long Journey

2. Mumbai - New York
New York - Toronto

Here the option 2 has a long journey of 16+ hrs and then a very short stint of an hr or so while in option 1 the halt at London can be 3-4 hrs (which can be relaxing for some people)
So please let me know which should i prefer.

Also i have heard that British airways have a reputation of losing its passengers' luggage.

Sorry if questions are not something we shud ask in a tech forum but i need this info

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
I took Jet Airway , Delhi - Toronto ( via Brussels ) . Was pretty good .

The best thing was the food , n i totally enjoyed it . apart from that i didn't care bout nything coz i slept most of the time :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom